Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
McGill

2nd Annual Picnic

carter
Dennis Never saw anyone hurt a garden tractor, or for that matter a full size tractor, that was properly maintained, during a pull. Darn hard to fast race a garden tractor without a bit of contact. A slow race might be fun for those entered. They are a bit like watching paint dry for spectators. My $.02 worth. Putting the second Sat in June on the calendar now. It's only about a 1000 mile round trip. Ron

McGill
Since the new year is almost here, it's time to start thinking about the Picnic. Second Saturday in June, Pioneer Park, Rhinelander, WI Contact Dennis McGill Dmcgill@bfm.org I've been toying with either a garden tractor race or a garden tractor pull for some afternoon fun. Any thought are appriciated.

powermax_paul
I'll plan to be there! I probably won't bring any Powermax tractors though. That would be unfair pulling competition. Maybe I'll have my B207 done by then. Hey, how about an obstacle course or slalom? Paul

BradW
I was thinking of getting in contact with Simplicity, they have a park on lake michighan and we could probably do something there, a free tour shouldn't be a problem since I have gotten a free one before, not to mention, maybe we could use their testing grounds? They made these machines before, I sure don't know they would mind, heck they would probably like it more than us!,-BradW

Guest Jef
Dennis, I went to the Gravely gathering yes Gravely just to see what they do at there gathering and it was in Brillion, WI because Ariens had bought them out and wanted to give factory tours and asked for owners input which I thought was outstanding. The owners were from all over the U.S. many from out east and all were proud of there equipment. However, they had set up a testing and trail course to use your equipment such as tilling area and moldboard plowing and various other stuff. They have their gatherings at different locations every year. So here are some ideas. If we can come up with a area to try out our equipment, I think that would be neat. Jeff

jackcobb
Dennis, I wanted to make the picnic last year but work sent me to Japan/Austrailia that weekend. So far, this year looks good. First, let me thank you for putting this together. "Idea men", are everywhere, your a rare breed that has an idea and then the medal to implement it. I'd like to see a tractor pull. I get tired of going to GT pulls and watching cub cadets all day. Now and then you see an A-C or Simplicity in a stock class, but all the hooplaw is in the modified class's. The race sounds interesting. Let us know the rules if you go this route. I also like the idea of a plowing contest. This is another popular Cub Cadet deal I guess? However, I don't know how you would handle the ground issue with a the park (and then level and re-seed it). Again, thanks for spearheading this.

BradW
There has to be some on here, because if you do a search of the location of Port Washington Wisconson, there are a few people listed, it wouldn't suprise e if some of the ideas they get are from here, -BradW