Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

watch your feet.

dirtmister16

hey guys,

been laid up last two days, sick of this. my calf/knee are to the point i can barely walk. today is better but can't go to work like this.

what i think happened was when i slipped on ice but you catch yourself, i think i either stretched a muscle or over extended it or something. can't go into the docs on sat. going to try a chiro on monday.

unless it goes bye bye that is. so be careful, i know its hard to not slip and times but man can it ruin a day. ive slipped lots of times before now never had this happen but all it takes is one goofy step slide and your in trouble.

so watch your feet guys!

darn straight you dont!

ive done more of that then i have slipped and caught myself though.

wish i could at least do something in the garage, but i can't even do little things at the moment. grrr

I just fell after lunch today getting out of the truck to hook up the trailer. my back is still sore from hitting the ground.

about 3/4 years ago i used to work at a lumber yard i used to slip and fall there in the winter on a regular basis. since leaving there that has gone down a ton.

that and getting smarter on how to watch where you walk is big. i had once slipped and compressed my back slightly and a trip to the chiro did the trick there.

i can walk maybe 90% back to normal now, but can't fully extend my leg yet. i will talk to the boss about working tomorrow as im not sure what to do till monday when i can get in somewhere.

i don't want to have to lift or walk a bunch which is a big part of my job right now, so it would really be hard on my leg i think if i go back before ive had this checked.

we will see, i don't want to slip and make this even worse so thats where i am right now. if i don't work ill try doing some filming tomorrow if possible.

Quality of life comes 1st. Though without a job, your quality of life may be effected. Its a vicious circle that we all live in.

I know there are others on this site that have gone through what I am right now and some to a much greater degree. I injured my back what will be 2 years ago this sept. I am 3 weeks recovered from back surgery and I can tell you while the pain sucks the loss of several thousand dollars is a bear, the biggest deal to me has been a drastic change in quality of life and lifestyle.

Do NOT take any chances with your injury...what seemed like a slight injury today very well could turn into a major issue in a day or two.Best to play it safe instead of gambling on what could be a lifestyle change in the future.Error on the side of caution and do not take a chance. Hope you feel better and I apologize if I sound like I am lecturing you but I can't stress enough that quality of life is everything IMO.

thanks guys. i didn't go into work yesterday, won't be today either.

while im almost back to normal i still have stiffness and some pain when extended my leg. if that doesn't pass by morning i will call the chiro and see if they can help it to get back to 100%.

thank you for the stern talking to guys. im just not one to get couped up and hate to be down any time if don't have to be.

better to be safe and not have a lasting issue down the road.

going in to the chiropractic office at 1:00. thought this was about licked yesterday but in the evening it started to stiffen up again some.

hopefully they can get me in good shape. i have my second job to work to day and would rather not call in if i don't have to there. ive never missed a day since i started and id hate to ruin that if i dont' have. not saying they come before my health but still.

well, im off still till thursday. go in for two more treatments and then im ok to work.

he said my back was part of the cause as it probaly pinched a nerve in the process. he straightened my back, and put a electrical impulse machine on my calve(sp?) to make it relax .

fish, today i feel good enough i could work but i know one slip could throw me back into trouble.

well at least i ordered some tools and parts anyway! going to go into the garage and see what i want to do with the tractor. if nothing else ill try to pick up some more. get boring but what do you do.

I agree, it can be boring this time of the year. Its very cold again here in my area. I would be lying if I told you I was NOT looking forward to getting my hands greasy and my mind wrapped around some small engine "quirk". In the meantime I am keeping myself busy working on a few chainsaw rebuilds in my basement and anxiously awaiting the warmer days of spring when I can climb under another new pickn find and again smell the odor of gas and grease mixed with the smells of fresh cut grass. ;)

hey just wanted to give you guys a update.

im cleared for work again, so now i can go back to both jobs. i have one more appointment for friday at the chiro but thats fine.

now i have to fight with workmans comp on this cuz apparently the paperwork wasn't filled out right away or something happened in the office. so hopefully i won't get bit in the rear on this and have to pay.

ive been busy today, shipped out some parts after my appointment,changed plugs and boots on a friends car, also did some little stuff with my tractor. shot a few videos in the process of things as well.

feels good to be back to going and doing.

Talk b about pain...you have not begun to feel pain until you have to deal with workmens comp! Good luck on that front.:(

idk what will happen with workmans comp. far as im concerned there is not a issue once ive talked to whoever they have call. but it may not be clear black and white to them.

that and its who my work is through for workmans comp. its cheap outift this place so that will likely make it a hassle. i had a work accident before at a previous job and it was smooth other then the time i couldnt' work and the pain. but that place was a good place to work just didnt' make the pay to live on.

boss seems ok other then the fact he doesnt' like the workmans comp thing. i personally think he is the one who is trying to keep it from happening more then anything.

ill keep you guys updated. but if i end up getting denied this and i have to pay the expense, ill quit in the end. thats just a bunch of bs if the boss is going to play games. life is too short to tolerate crappy employers.

He more than likely doesn`t want is premium going up. I would call the labor board. You won`t have job in the end but they will pay the bills.

If this was a work related injury, I would think it should be covered. Was it reported when it happened, or days later? If it was days later, that may be the issue. And from the standpoint of the Company / Carrier, that is understandable. If injuries are reported days after they happen without any documentation or other supporting information, and that was allowed, there would be many, many people who would claim the injury was "on the job" even when it happened elsewhere. That is why it is so important to report any job related injury, even if seemingly minor or small, right away, even if you don't believe there will be a claim or issue.

i didn't report it the day the slip occured, i didn't even think about it. ive slipped and caught myself dozens of times over the years and never had it bother me before.

the next morning i called in and let the office know. she said that it would be taken care of and not to worry. so i think its in the office where the issue is. probally doesn't help that the owner/my boss was gone all that time, the office gal doesn't seem to want to give him bad news when he is away. not sure if that had any bearing on this or not.

went into the chiro today. doc sets my back and neck, does the electro stimulation again. says to come back monday for a check up.

so we will see what happens i actually thought by the way i felt today would the end of it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• PRMax9020
    • Tarheel
    • gwiseman
    • TheFlash300
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts