Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

trowel

Garden Mark Squire 9 snow throwing

trowel

Was asked by several people to join this fourm.Finally found a Allis single belt snow thrower from a local Simplicity collector here in Mass (thank you) to replace the snow thrower 990311.The exposed belt drive group were a bit of a headache when wet, two 5/8 th belts and a 1/2 main belt cost a lot when compared with the single belt. the driveway is long with to the barn and corral to clear snow from, the Simplicity walk behind for the tight spots.Below is the Allis snow thrower/Simple 990345 mounted to the Squire 9

squire9allis.jpg

squire9allis1.jpg

Squire 9 with the original Monkey Wards/Simple 990311 snow thrower.

blowing9440.jpg

blowing2.jpg

blowing3.jpg

squire9allis.jpg.691dc0641f7fdb37770f59d30d16223f.jpg

squire9allis1.jpg.c2ea89ad7e0a69c9038a1344517cf482.jpg

blowing9440.jpg.7f5df460d3a67b5db710b168aaeb8d6e.jpg

blowing2.jpg.80182bbe3fbd22393fd31fc2171d84f9.jpg

blowing3.jpg.d24ed41cd4ecf8870ba9a55a99f805b2.jpg

trowel

Yes, it could be, the 345 was the 2nd factory convertion from the walk behind tractors, gave the 311's a hard look and they can be converted but requires a lot of work unless you already have the hitch, pulleys/idler clutch and main drive from the 345 units to attach to the 311 auger bucket which i opted on waiting and looking for instead.To stick with the riders only, the 311 and 345 auger bucket and drive chain is the same, all parts interchange, good old Simplicity very quickly replaced the three belt arrangement and hitch with the enclosed single belt.If you look at the carrier/push frame for the 311, it is a modified dozer frame and can also be converted back to use for the dozer blade if you want also.Looking carefully at the 345 thrower carry frame and belting arrangements it would probably be easier to build the carry frame from scratch instead of modifying the old style due to how it hinges off the front axle unless you are willing to move the carry frame forwards to the front mounting ears on the axle hence the 311 unique drive group.If you do move the frame forwards putting the hinge point directly below the engine PTO drive pulley and shortened the frame (or leave it) then the clutch and belting arrangement and idler clutch/pulley could in theory be made between the carry frame at the hinge point and up to the auger drive pulley which i would extend to the carry frame/auger bucket hitching point and then back to idler pulley and up to the engine PTO.All this would have to be covered with something to keep the snow and ice off of it, the idler clutch would be another task and i even thought of using a electric PTO clutch pulley in place of the idler pully.Not very good pictures below of how it hinges but it shows the 311 drive group.I hope this gives you a few idears and helps you out.

belting.jpg

frame.jpg

belting.jpg.d8847087dfb9d3e473840a29875a36b2.jpg

frame.jpg.afcdd5045e1277259236ed0a44654f96.jpg