Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

anyone recognize this part

Mike

the other day when I backed into one of my trailers and broke off the hydro filter this was laying on the ground, can't figure out where it goes on my sovereign

r.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Brettw

That's one of those black round thingys that attaches to a whatchamacallit. I think they are still available new, at the dealer.

id="quote">
id="quote">The small whatchamacallit or the large one? The small one is NLA, but I do think the large one is still available. If this is for the small one, it could have collector value.

quote:The small one is not NLA the original part number ... 7920491960126780420045906 has been superceded to 19697892161745809046155id="quote">
id="quote">

My mistake. I was referring to the white one, not the black one. I don't know what I was thinking.

quote:Originally posted by briggsetc

The small one is not NLA the original part number ... 7920491960126780420045906 has been superceded to 19697892161745809046155Gary

id="quote">
id="quote">Whew, this will come as great news to all people that have a small flexible thingy hanging off their whatchamacallit.

All kidding aside, I do not think that is from the tractor. The filter maybe, but not a part I recognize at all from the tractor. It may also be one of those misc. parts/things that turns up every spring when the snow melts. Just stuff from who knows where. I looks a bit to me, like the locking collar on my torque wrench. Beyond that, other than being a wise donkey, I'm not much help.