Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

trowel

MW Squire 9 headlights.

trowel

This is one of thoses things i was on the fence about for a little while.

Have yet to find a Squire 9 with original Simple headlights/bracket, no knocking any dates or anyone's experiences, correct me if i am wrong but assuming that it was offered for the Landlord and Allis with starter/generator so it must of been offered for the squire 9s too.

What company MFG'ed the head lights for Simple in 64 ?

I failed to ask the original owner (i should call him) why he mounted homemade head lights.

Find myself plowing/snow throwing at night a lot so i ordered the bracket to replace the homemade angle iron bracket currently on the tractor. Was advised to get the later bracket with the bend instead of the straight one with the spacers so forgive me for that.

BLT

I have a price list which was older then you (:D)that I converted which has all of the available options for the 308 and 314 tractors. All the option numbers can be downloaded at the Simplicity website which access can be had by looking at the top of this forum and are prefexed with 990.

If you would like them, you can PM me with your E-mail address. Also I traced the headlight bracket and if you are handy with a hot wrench, I can send them also. In Tech Tips and Articles, Samson has a thread on how he did his. The original lights were Guide, but if you want something now, a farm store is your best bet.

trowel

Hah, hah, just about all the price lists i have for engines and tractors are double my age:D!!! he, he.I would love the price/parts list for the option.The bracket i ordered is in limbo, waiting for it to come in,...Head lights on the tractor is GE, typical from the 50's and 60's it looks.

squire headlights.JPG

squire headlights1.JPG

squire headlight2.JPG

In passing i wrote down the numbers off the dozer blade : 990179, below that : MW No. 1261 SIM.

57e05ffa80719_squireheadlights.JPG.e5d1e3f4a54935fd47be1eb2d8719f65.JPG

57e05ffa9237d_squireheadlights1.JPG.c3ddaffbfbb4a033d225541c48d4cbdd.JPG

57e05ffaa7898_squireheadlight2.JPG.bae72561bafbfa3c9e7042edd2e1db9d.JPG

Chris727

I believe GE did not make the housings, just the bulbs. The bulbs are generic and very easy to find at a farm or auto parts store. I believe the guide lights for a squire would have had the chrome trim rings. Guide is stamped into the rear of the steel housing but if the unit has the original bulbs they will have a "G" in the center also.

BLT
quote:Originally posted by Chris727

I believe GE did not make the housings, just the bulbs. The bulbs are generic and very easy to find at a farm or auto parts store. I believe the guide lights for a squire would have had the chrome trim rings. Guide is stamped into the rear of the steel housing but if the unit has the original bulbs they will have a "G" in the center also.

id="quote">
id="quote">Like this,

guidelight1.jpg

guidelight2.jpg

trowel

Thanks for that, your right, it must be just the bulbs. No stampings or numbers on the housing itself so the maker is unknown.

Thanks for the photos, i see the stampings and bulb.

It is in my notes with the photos saved and will watch for a pair.

trowel

Thanks for that, will be very useful.Weather warmed up a bit few days ago so i mounted the light bar and mounted the lights.The left light was missing a rivet, inside you can see the washer from a screw that fell out long ago, most all the rivet on both lights were replaced with bolts.The back of the GE bulb, 12 V for 35 Watts.Better pictures later when the tractor is back together.

squire_GE_lights.JPG

squire_GE_lights1.JPG

squire_GE_lights2.JPG

squire_GE_lights3.JPG

squire_GE_lights.JPG.ba634c25ac6b67231eb81ee5b194ffd7.JPG

squire_GE_lights1.JPG.8e1ac53a05445e331261e66934a54b1a.JPG

squire_GE_lights2.JPG.7f31b63b565c0fc0552c8d479ea62ef0.JPG

squire_GE_lights3.JPG.5fc6a5aef9a7ccfc178f99931eedb987.JPG