Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
drbrian722

36" Snowthrower front fpto hitch pulleys

drbrian722

I did a search on the site and didn't get any hits, so I'm posting in hopes that someone can help me out.

I bought a set of 36" throwers [1690033] and between the two hitches there are no two pulleys that are the same.

I've gone to parts tree and found the OEM parts;

Simplicity 2171247SM Listed as 5" OD

Simplicity 1666287ASM

These were a tad pricey and I'm sure that off the shelf parts would be available but I do not know the dimensions of the original pulleys so all I could do is match up what I have, which may be wrong.

The 2171247SM pulley appears to be easy enough to source, but the other 1666287ASM appears to be something I'm only going to be able to get from an OEM supplier. Does anyone have a cross reference for that pulley against another brand, perhaps with a hub?

thanks!

RayS

I sent you a private message. The other is 5" OD. and 4" ID. with a 3/4" flat. If you can source that outside of Simplicity let me know ( I have been looking for a couple of years). I make the single belt hitches for the 900 - 7100 series tractors and have an account with Rotary and can not get that pulley. It is available through Stens and Simplicity, but I am not going to buy $5000.00 dollars worth of Stens parts a year to have a Stens account.

drbrian722

Thanks for the info. Can you think of a problem if I found another 5" OD pulley with an integral hub of the correct ID?

I know it wouldn't be the factory setup, but I'm unclear if that one pulley's separate bearing is a necessity? I suspect not.

Perhaps something like this with the correct bushing? (I would need to know the ID before I would buy)

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200576753_200576753

drbrian722

Gotcha! The 5" OD is the flat idler and the other is 6" V idler.

The 2171247SM I can find on Amazon, etc. for an acceptable price, it's the 1666287ASM that I cannot find any information on. Knowing that's a 6" V idler, I'll see what I can turn loose.

Thanks again.