Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower ?????

Bunky

I have a B112 with a snowblower older 2 belt version it blows good then it starts pusshing the snow instead of "sucking" it in and it isn't plugging anyone have any ideas???????

Has anyone tried any "no-stick"oven coating like Pam? or spray wax like end dust? It seems that it may work I may try it on my 1968 bolens 40" snowblower if we get any snow in D.C.. Make sure you tell the little lady about using her "equipment" or else she may break out the rolling pin!!!!!! John H

Hey John, You might be on to something. I never thought of that. I don't know about Pam, but Endust or Pledge should make a nice slippery surface for snowblowers and plows. If you're a skier who's seen the effect of wax on skis you know what I mean. Paul

You want to check the belt for sure. It can be stretched and slipping and you'll never know. Might take it to a Simplicity dealer and check against a new one. As far as coating I have also used a product called "Slip Plate" sold at Allis-Chalmers (AGCO) dealers. It is a graphite based paint that leaves the surface really slippery. We used it on plow bottoms, the underside of mower decks, flow surfaces on combine and corn heads ect. You can spray or brush it on. I can't recall if they sell it in spray cans, but I know they have it in quarts.

This is an old Ebay item # but the seller can be contacted. Cheap fix to increase performance of snowblower and stop clogging. Woody IMPROVE YOUR SNOWBLOWER GUARANTEED Item # 1289340638 [A href='http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1289340638&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=10045800']http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1289340638&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=10045800[/a]

I have a 36"blower for my 2110 and I have problems with the angle on the sides just pushing shallow or wet snow. That may be an area to focus on. Chris

well I do use pam or silicone spray etc. but I think you guys maybe on to something with the belt I had this same problem last year with another one the snowblower i have is an old 3 belt model and the belt closest to the blower goes up and down on a twist well the shaft seems to be stuck in the pipe it slides in. anyone have any ideas how to free this up?? last year we twisted the shaft trying to heat and turn it....

If everything is turning and your just pushing the snow, chances are you are right and your belt is slipping. What does work wonderfully on the chute is parafin wax, You can buy it right at the grocery store and it comes in little rectangles, just start rubbing. I never had good luck with spraying pam on equipment. worked briefly then was gone...Scott