Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

trowel

Need Bevel Gearbox help

trowel

I need a little help, don't know if the needle bearing for the input shaft is driven out into the housing or out of the housing.As you see in the picture below the reason for the slop.

BGB_bad_bearing.JPG

BGB_bad_bearingg.JPG

BGB_bad_bearing.JPG.bdc63cead120aca06da06e892ea921c9.JPG

BGB_bad_bearingg.JPG.d0c420f502e56fc02410d80a460d1924.JPG

trowel

Thanks, on my way out now to drive out the needle bearing.

Not a very good picture but the gear itself is ok, little chipping on the backside of the gear teeths with a little wear but the mesh between the two gears are good.

Below the gear you can see the ball bearing ring is broken and some of the balls fell out of the bearing. The ball bearing and needle bearings should be here hopefully by tuesday.

donmoore1904
quote:Originally posted by trowel

Thanks, not quite yet, If everything goes right, the engine and tranny should be next.

id="quote">
id="quote">That was the program for me! Great people here made it possible to get everything apart and back together again.

trowel
quote:Originally posted by powerking_one

Those "SS hood bolts" sure look like Dynaco (PAS-2,3; PAT-4,5) amplifier aluminum knobs to me; see the picture below:http://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNACO-Stereo-preamplifier-pat-4-/181340309136?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2a38b98690#ht_25wt_923Tom (PK)

id="quote">
id="quote">You sure about that ?http://www.mcmaster.com/#91882a437/=qztwe8

trowel
quote:Originally posted by powerking_one

Those "SS hood bolts" sure look like Dynaco (PAS-2,3; PAT-4,5) amplifier aluminum knobs to me; see the picture below:http://www.ebay.com/itm/DYNACO-Stereo-preamplifier-pat-4-/181340309136?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item2a38b98690#ht_25wt_923Tom (PK)

id="quote">
id="quote">You sure about that ?McMaster Carr part # 93585A290

donmoore1904

The knobs are indeed reminiscent of Dynaco knobs for sure, but I am not seeing the serrations on the edge or any setting marks :D

We're showing our age here. I have several Dynaco pieces. Just recently sold an unbuilt NOS Dyna FM3 tuner on ebay.

RedbarnRick

3M makes heat shrink terminals to seal the wiring from the elements, the terminals have glue inside as well as a plastic shrink covering, most menards have them, it's all I use on boats.