Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Montgomery Ward Tractor

Woodydel

I have a Montgomery Wards Squire 9 which has a 9 HP Briggs engine. In restoring this I made it into a A C B10 which is almost identical to the Squire 9. The Squire 9 was painted a gold color,had a Landlord type Grille,similar seat,Montgomery wards tires along with their own decals.

John, I bought a Wards Squire 10 10 hp new in 1966. carry over. A friend of mine still has his Squire 9 which he bought new. They were the same as the Simplicity landlord except they were painted brown. The 9s had the 23D Briggs and the 10s had the 243000 Briggs. Also the 9s came with Goodyear tires and the 10s with Carlisle tires. Al

Thanks guys, Al gave me the exact answer I was looking for. Have to go look at the Montgomery for sale. I really like the unique machines like my Homelites. I didn't want to waste my time traveling just to find out the tractor was made by Gilson. Woody

I have a 1963 MW garden mark with a 7.25 briggs engine whitch was made by simplicity. I don't know if they made a 10hp or not. John H

I believe that on this site somewhere, there was a picture of a B-10 and a MW equivilent. Can't remember if this was the early, 9hp B-10 or the later 10hp B-10. Have to look around this evening when I get time. Pat

When the prevoius response said a gold color it made sense because my 42" mower deck was painted gold and it was a newer style deck. It looks like my 1963 MW garden mark had a replaced deck from a newer tractor.I have a simplicity 700 and the mower deck was painted orange and it had a more "squared" look. I say all this because I believe the 1963 deck should have been squared also. When did simplicity change from a squared mower deck to more rounded mower deck? John H