Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Legacy Hydraulics and 60" Sweepster Install (Vid+)

Talntedmrgreen

I was able to knock out another project...seems the 'want to do' projects drag on, or get put off, and so I was determined to get the PS on the 7790 this winter, and then add auxiliary hydraulics (thanks Mr Wells) to the Legacy for using the blade.

I got a nice deal on an AGCO 2025, then even luckier by finding a Legacy XL Sweepster that my 2-stage blower hitch fits...that was enough temptation to force me to face the cold and get the hydraulics installed, now on the AGCO vs the Legacy.

20140210_200818.jpg

20140210_194030.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0322.jpg

It's an awful big broom...

20140216_153046.jpg

Two issues to resolve...need for a angle cylinder mount, and extended driveshaft to adapt between the XL and early Legacy.

20140216_153051.jpg

20140216_153106.jpg

Viola! I did drill one hole in the hitch, but it is a bolt-on mount for the angle cylinder, and does not interfere when the blower is on.

20140220_210743.jpg

20140301_130020.jpg

20140301_130111.jpg

Had to peel off most sheet metal to install the valve and plumbing. Thanks again to Michael...I bugged the crap out of him with silly questions as this went in.

20140223_081149.jpg

20140222_075831.jpg

20140222_075826.jpg

Tying into the Power Steering valve...

20140223_081201.jpg

Had to chop the seat deck to allow for clearance of the valve assembly, which included a new, larger plastic cover (thank goodness I was able to keep the cupholder)

20140227_203208.jpg

The broom was too heavy for one of the brackets in the lift assembly on the tractor (folded right over), and so I'm using the ladder frame from my 4-way blade, which incorporates a remote lift cylinder, and circumvents the tractor's implement lift.

20140223_083524.jpg

20140301_130100.jpg

Test run and some driveway cleanup over the weekend proves this adaptation to be a huge success. This is onecensored1.gifof a lot of fun to run. The angle feature makes this incredible versatile. I'm a really big fan of the Legacy platform, and each attachment I get the chance to try works very well.

20140301_125245.jpg

20140301_125250.jpg

20140301_130009.jpg

20140301_130000.jpg

There's deals out there on these, and even though they don't have the vintage appeal, they are a neat machine that is extremely comfortable to run. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a nice working machine. Thanks again to Michael for the help and counsel! Next snow, I'll add some video.

They are more appealing to me and you don`t have to turn a gas shut off valve off on one when you get off of it. I would take the newer stuff any day! My Deutz is getting a Honda GX620 in it as soon as the weather warms up.

That honda will rock...but you already know that! ;) I love the look of that Deutz, too.

I really enjoy playing with the older tractors. They are simple and are workhorses, but yeah...the newer stuff is so comfy to operate, and they fire right up and run like a new car.

Josh,

How many Legacy's do you have now. I know you had two, but is this a third one?

Rick.........

No...just the two.

Two CH25's to feed is plenty! ;) They go through fuel so quickly, I've searched for leaks! ^

To their credit, they are WOT all the time, moving LOTS of MI snow. I certainly do not need a third. I don't even 'need' what I have. These two are setup to do just about anything, with the 3pt/540 on one, and the aux hydro on the other. I am on the hunt for a deal on a tiller, but do have these implements to play with:

FEL/bucket/6' blade

Broom

2-stage blower

4-way blade

4' rotary mower

5' flail mower

5' rake

60" deck

The flail is a bit on the heavy side, but the tractor runs it well. This year I would like to find that tiller, and setup forks for the loader. I could use a set of wheel weights, another 50# suitcase weight and one tire chain for a 26x12-12 tire. My pipe dream is to locate a hard cab that DOESN'T need a $1500 door replaced. sm00

Josh,

I know what you mean about feeding them. My Legacy drinks fuel like it is going out of style. My Sovereign isn't nearly as thirsty, but then again it's 18 horses and the other is 23. I always run the motors WOT, better cooling and maximum power.

My Legacy runs either a single stage blower or a deck with the turbo vacuum. I really like the vacuum setup, but it is tricky around tight corners and dealing with trees.

I have been looking for another Legacy, but need the bucket for moving snowbanks and summer projects. The flair motor would keep my old horse pasture clear, I may have to look into that attachment.

Rick........

Rick, mine is nothing purdy, but does the job. I just go easy in transit, while the 3pt has it in the air, because it's probably 450#+. It's a Cat1 attachment, and not something I would use daily on a Legacy. For limited mowing, a time or two in the summer, it's real slick. Something in the 50" range would be more appropriate, but I found this locally for a song.

20131027_183717.jpg

20131027_183725.jpg

Flails don't seem to require much HP. They also don't threaten your PTO, since stiking an object won't stop the mower. I don't run a slip clutch on the shaft...couldn't afford one on each PTO shaft, even if I wanted to.The flail also offers a much closer cut than a rotary mower. You can actually adjust right down to root-level. It will give a finish cut, if you limit ground speed appropriately, and aren't mowing/mulching long vegetation.I'm watching for a vac...glad to hear it works well. Do you have the rear mount bagger, or the wide body cart?

Hi Josh,

I have the rear triple bagger. My lawn is not very big and in the spring when the grass is really growing I need to empty the three bags at least two times.

That said I really like the system. I don't spend much time, water, or money on my lawn and this vacuum has really helped the look of it.

Rick..........

Yeah, I got a nice lawn with the house, last fall. My old place was a dust bowl, and I'm trying to keep it up, without the expenses the previous owner had (got his lawn treatment bill in the mail shortly after moving in). I'd love that triple bagger....

Don't think I took any shots of the controls, when complete. Gives a nice, clean look. They are right in the correct spot too, just in front of and below my armrest, yet out of the way.

20140306_194409.jpg

20140306_194421.jpg

20140306_194434.jpg

• Like 1

You guys should trade up to a diesel! They aren't near a s thirsty! I can go 5 he's on a tank running my 2 stage blower in wet heavy snow. Mowing I can go over 9 hrs on a tank. Tanks holds 6 gal. Still for the amount of work you get done with these gas or diesel I bet the amount of work per hr per gal is less then a smaller tractor!

I would really like a diesel, but just trying to find a Legacy with a front end load in Maine is hard. If I only wanted a diesel I would have to buy new.

And if I am going to buy new then I would pick the diesel, four wheel drive, front end loader, rear pto, and three point hitch. But now I have priced myself into a small Kubota and out of my price range.

So if a gas Legacy with a front end loader comes up in the area I am very interested.

Rick........

We'll keep our eyes peeled Rick. A loader isn't all that expensive to ship, if the seller will assist.

Had a few inches to play in today...worked alright, but I will definitely see improvement in moving snow with new brushes installed. Mine measure around 16"...new these are 26".