Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Hello

Moe60

Great forum, been lurking for a while and finally decided to pony up the membership.This is my new to me 1983 4211H.

4211002.jpg

Just picked it up today with a pair of new (yet to be mounted) stock size Carlisle turf savers for the front, and an extra set of belts for $450. Dunno if that was a good deal or not but it runs great and pulls hard (even up hill hot) and the deck is pretty quiet.

4211004.jpg

I have a faded memory of my Granny buying one of these (or a very similar Simplicity) new in the early 80's and it being a great basic yard tractor.

4211003.jpg

Hopefully with a little care this little buggy will last me a long while. Any and all tips or warnings would be appreciated.

4211005.jpg

Now to find a little Simplicity yard cart of similar vintage.

Sweeeeeet!

Welcome to the club Mike! That is one sweet 4211 hydro you have there. These are one of my favorite mowers as parts are easy to get and they have an AWESOME cutting deck that stripes and maneuvers very well.

I have owned several the past few years and all have been dreams to work on and cut with. Yours looks to be in very good condition..Thanks for sharing your pics.

Looking forward to having you join in the fun and do not be afraid to ask anything regarding these fine machines as this site is loaded with knowledge.

Mark

Mike,

I have two 4212s 5-speed, and agree w/ FISHNWIZ, They are super mowers, great on tight turns. However I am used to seeing a black frame.

Welcome to the Club!

Cheers,

wayne

Welcome! I have to say, that may be the cleanest 4200 series I've seen. Very nice!

quote:Originally posted by GrincheyOne

Mike,I have two 4212s 5-speed, and agree w/ FISHNWIZ, They are super mowers, great on tight turns. However I am used to seeing a black frame.Welcome to the Club!Cheers,wayne

id="quote">
id="quote">When did they change to the black frame? I looked at the 83 literature and the 4200 frames are orange, but every 4212 picture I see the frame is black. I like the orange frame better just because it's what I have! ;)

Looks that there may have been some resto work on the tractor somewhere along the way which in no way detracts from your fine machine. I did notice a little over spray near the foot boards so maybe someone decided to do a little freshen up on the frame. Its still a fine machine that will serve you well for years to come.dOd

I've never seen ags on one nice tractor, only beef I have with these is getting the back wheels off after years of use. Good idea to never seize the rear axles

quote:Originally posted by Mike

I've never seen ags on one nice tractor, only beef I have with these is getting the back wheels off after years of use. Good idea to never seize the rear axles

id="quote">
id="quote">The PO took the wheels off and greased the axles every fall. I plan on continuing that tradition.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• bkassulke
    • tadams
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site maintenance scheduled to begin 10a CDT on 3/16/24
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts