Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is it warm in your garage?

Ronald Hribar

I guess I am lucky. I have two garages, one attached to the house and the new garage unattached. I have heat in the attached and no heat in the new garage. I have already started to get projects together to finish before summer gets here. Hope everyone gets relief from the cold and snow soon. Roger.

I've decided I am going to keep the 716H set up for winter and use my 712H for mowing. Getting tired of switching plows for mower decks and taking chains on and off. Yeah I know I will still need to do some of that for maintenance but I think I am ready for dedicated plowing and mowing machines.

I have a couple of deck spindles to rebuild, but I also have the backup push mower in case I don't get my act together on my deck.

We still have a lot of snow to melt.

I have a throttle cable to install, hydrolift to install, motor to swap. All done when I back the truck out of the garage. Need a bit warmer temps.

I think I will wait to put the coil in my b-10 blower tractor

and do a complete redo on the old gal.

I have used and abused it so I owe it a rest.

I put the blower on Old Smoky,and will redo it later this summer.

If this winter last much longer I'll have to rebuild the whole

fleet.

Well at least I got the blower rebuilt,the bearing I got from

Motion Ind. fit perfect and that sucker really throws snow.

P.S. No my garage is not heated,but I think I might have

raised the temp. a couple times when thing didn't go just right.:D

I can't stay out of the shop...it's not heated, but there's always something to do, even if it's just hide. pi

quote:Especially those who have to replace flywheelsid="quote">
id="quote">

I think that one sailed right over his head.............8D

quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

I have a throttle cable to install, hydrolift to install, motor to swap. All done when I back the truck out of the garage. Need a bit warmer temps.

id="quote">
id="quote">That's OK Chris, still getting the 4212G back in action, and then there is the '68 2110 rebuilt (2nd Yr on that one), and a '69 2110 to rewire and get going.Spring-Summer might mean installing an electric lift in the 4212G.OH YEAH! Did I happen to forget the rebuild of the Weed Cutter.?AND still a lot of snow to clean up (some more due this week!).Never ends,Wayne

going to leave the blower on my deutz allis sunstar and try to put a cab on it for next year. stopped into my simplicity dealer today and thinking about a zero turn got all the paperwork done all is left is to pull the trigger.zt2500 25 hp briggs 48 inch fabricated deck am buying it for my daughter-in-law but ill probably use it every once in a while, never had a new one.

2014-03-10_11.00.17.jpg

2014-03-10_11_00_17.jpg.970265e744e9d621c2238aeaf008072d.jpg

Put 4 lug tires on my loader project

Moved it outside shed to put tires on

Then drove it up snow covered hill

To my heated shop to shorten wheel weight bolts

Have to take measurement

On drive shaft between motor and hydro

Putting a electric inline clutch in place

quote:Originally posted by OrangeMetalGuy

I've decided I am going to keep the 716H set up for winter and use my 712H for mowing. Getting tired of switching plows for mower decks and taking chains on and off. Yeah I know I will still need to do some of that for maintenance but I think I am ready for dedicated plowing and mowing machines.

id="quote">
id="quote">The only way to go, my friend.

The good- my shop is a steady 62 degrees all winter long, and can fit 4 full size trucks, 3 snowmobiles and 2 garden tractors with ample walking space.

The bad- even though I have an infrared tube heater and 3 1/3 of the walls are

Underground my WPS bill was $641.83 last month for just the shop.

Having a warm dry shop with fridge and bathroom is nice but EXPENSIVE!

Hello, My shop is 24 x 28 and I installed a 30,00 btu heater .so I am good to go any time I feel the need.

shop heater 2.JPG

Thanks Ken in Mi

57e0600f30349_shopheater2.JPG.74dce6f96429ad94300a7752b87b1697.JPG

quote:Originally posted by maxwood

Hello, My shop is 24 x 28 and I installed a 30,00 btu heater .so I am good to go any time I feel the need.Thanks Ken in Mi

id="quote">
id="quote">Boy, that would be nice! I've been moving any 'project' machines over to the attached garage to work on. It's insulated and stays around 35-40 degrees...enough to thaw crap off the vehicles. Feels like spring compared to the shop, which probably averaged a temp of 10* this winter.In lieu of buying and installing a Nat Gas heater, I thought of simply tapping into the basement heat duct, which is adjacent to my inside garage wall. Anyone ever add a vent, into the garage, and let the home furnace pump a little heat in there? I'd love to be able to open that up, and warm the garage to 45-50* from time to time. Heck, I guess I could do the same then in the summer with the AC if I wanted to kill humidity to paint. I wouldn't have a return. In the attached garage I have lots of room...I keep the Suburban, Truck, 2 GT's, golf cart, a workbench with beer fridge, general outdoor items and still have ample room to walk around. I move the the truck outside or to the shop for longer term winter project work in the garage.