Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Combine--new pics

MPH

Anybody have a clue who may have made this test plot combine? On craigs list for under 500 dollars, needs an engine.

3.9Combine.jpg

Took a 602mile round trip cruise in the PT yesterday to check this out. Figured out it is a Kincaid, built in Haven Ks. The engine is a Koler, Froze tight with the model # being the olny part of the name plate chipped off. Have the serial # and spec # if they are any help. The parts man at the manf. said they were 21hp used on them. Might have bought a lawn deco.

3.10CombineFnt.jpg

3.10CombineSide.jpg

3.10KolerFnt.jpg

3.10KolerRear.jpg

3.9Combine.jpg.2435404fa55592dd6d2fd943d3c3008b.jpg

3.10CombineFnt.jpg.4224409d6d229b74750a1fea4753e23b.jpg

3.10CombineSide.jpg.957685619da62ba7a757c44887ab3010.jpg

3.10KolerFnt.jpg.4341bcf73a042bf3dca74afbd13d049c.jpg

3.10KolerRear.jpg.844d6be7ac941487b81169ebbe8f6278.jpg

Marty, unless you have all ready, I would post this on the Allis-Chalmers.com site also.

You may get a quicker response.

Sure is a neat looking compact machine.

No but I would love to have it. Do you have a link for it. I tried searching and didn't come up with anything.

I agree that is definitely a model 582 Kohler twin. They are a 23hp, 56 lb ft of torque, 3.5" bore with a 3.0" stroke. 57.7 ci, and weigh 180 lbs.

But no clue on the combine..?

Marty

Sure looks like a research test plot combine. Those were usually made by small companies that cut down bigger machines. I've tried searching everything I can but haven't found anything yet. I may try the folks at University of MO to see if any information there.

Take a look at this. Google "plot combine", second page of results (my search anyway)click on 'A PORTABLE SELF-PROPELLED PLOT COMBINE' and a pdf is downloaded showing an Allis 40 allcrop test plot combine.

Never saw a prototype combine before. Its way to nice to use as yard art. It belongs in a museum or farm display of some type...pretty cool machine!8D

quote:Originally posted by MPH

Link for what Jeff?

id="quote">
id="quote">Link to it on craigs list.

Here you are Jeff

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/gra/

It was listed last sunday but the add is off now, guess because I gave him 300 dollars for it Monday.

Gene, this was made by Kincaid Equip in Haven Ks. Talking to the parts man they were made from the early 70's almost through the 80's before replaced with a newer model. Carried parts for about 15 years but no more. They have a web site but not much info on it. He had no clue of any web site of older ones. Test plot combines are still made.

You got a great find and deal! I won't mind having a newer one made by them and massey. We use to sell large combines and have been wanting a tiny one for grandkids to playwith. May have to make one. sm01

id="quote">id="quote">

8xpcombine.jpg

Here you are Jeffhttp://anchorage.craigslist.org/gra/It was listed last sunday but the add is off now, guess because I gave him 300 dollars for it Monday.Gene, this was made by Kincaid Equip in Haven Ks. Talking to the parts man they were made from the early 70's almost through the 80's before replaced with a newer model. Carried parts for about 15 years but no more. They have a web site but not much info on it. He had no clue of any web site of older ones. Test plot combines are still made.

8xpcombine.jpg.92ce83af2693306c9504ecd6737ea22f.jpg

Jeff, how far you willing to drive to pull 3800lbs home?

You may want to find a list of state Universities with in range. Heard the one where this came from had to buy new last year because of obomb-us money.

Jeff, how far you willing to drive to pull 3800lbs home?You may want to find a list of state Universities with in range. Heard the one where this came from had to buy new last year because of obomb-us money.

id="quote">
id="quote">Not that far :D smallest combine we have now is an old Massey 35 SP and lots of them were used in test plots in there day. But its twice as big as these new test plot combines. Ones around here are using the new little 8XP's. And I would love to get one of them at a reasonable price.

Jeff, not sure what happened to the link you had posted but when I clicked on a JD 40, then a JD 45, this one was towards the bottom, called a lawn mower combine

That's what you need for the grandkids.

Not sure if it really can combine or not, pretty short grass he's playin" on.

I'll remember that Stan. Hope to beable to at least get the engine when I go down this week, It snow 6-21 inches down there the past couple days so I'm not pulling a 16 foot trailer through the mts with a toyota.

Here you are Jeffhttp://anchorage.craigslist.org/gra/It was listed last sunday but the add is off now, guess because I gave him 300 dollars for it Monday.Gene, this was made by Kincaid Equip in Haven Ks. Talking to the parts man they were made from the early 70's almost through the 80's before replaced with a newer model. Carried parts for about 15 years but no more. They have a web site but not much info on it. He had no clue of any web site of older ones. Test plot combines are still made.

id="quote">
id="quote">Darn cool buy Marty. I knew I'd seen one like it at Mizzou test plots but couldn't find any old research articles w/pics. Tin work & angle iron, pr of lights, and wheels/tires you can salvage. Is it a 3speed tranny? Variable speed?

It is hydralic drive Gene. also has a hydralic motor that drives the reel.

Maybe put them 24 inch tires on the 725 for a go fast tractor.:D