Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Les

Non stick mower deck coating

BLT
quote:Originally posted by PhanDad

See this post:http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=103926&SearchTerms=ez

id="quote">
id="quote">The long and the short of it, I mow my dry leaves every fall and clean the mower deck at the same time, just like Bill does. And a couple weeks later or so, you can't even see where you mowed the leaves.;)

timflury

I also do what Bob, and Bill do.

I treated the inside of my deck with Rust Neutralizer and painted it with Rust Oleum rattle cans, four years ago, and the inside of the deck is still holding the paint.

Mowing a dry lawn also helps.

DMKNLD

I wish I could be thinking about my belly mower maintenance needs at this time of the year. With a 10 - 15" Nor'easter of heavy wet snow and sleet predicted for central Maine tomorrow into Thursday, it will be at least 2 rounds of snow-blowing for me. Ugh.....

leeave96

I've typically pulled my decks at the end or beginning of the mowing season and either painted the underside of the decks or used some type of slip plate coating. I think it helps - but sometimes you have to mow when the grass is damp and sometimes outright wet. What I'm doing now, as I age and my back ain't what it use to be, is buy old decks and just keep them for replacements. This way, while I try to maintain my mowing decks, I know I've got backups ready if and when needed.

Good luck,

Bill

amitypete

As a old mech. I just go down to the dollar store and buy the cheap spray cooking oil spray...I coat under side of deck and the top...when I get done cleaning the lawn mower's and tractors I do a light spray on the whole machine...I do this in the spring and fall..make for easy clean up..