Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Match for Simplicity white 75' 5010

JoeyM

I have a 75' 5010 that needs some painting. Looking for a good match for the white. Please help if possible. I went to the local dealer, they contacted simplicity and found the white is no longer available. If you know a match for the orange I would appreciate that information too for future just in case. Thanks so much.

I use canvas white (Rustoleum) for all of my early tractor white needs. Seems to me, the later machines used a whiter white though. I know on my CT-10 (Homelite version of your 5010), the white is quite a bit 'brighter' if that makes any sense. Not sure what white would be a good match.

I've used the Canvas White as well as the Antique White.

They are very close.

Paint ALL your parts, and noone will know the wiser until you park it next to an original one at shows.

Joey,

Welcome to the club!

GO with the Canvas white! A whiter white is going to age with exposure and become more of an almond shade, anyway. White is white until you ride through the first mud puddle! As Tim said just paint all originally white parts the same. I use the Rustolium "Chevy Red-orange engine enamel" for all my pre 80s machines. I'm hooked on "shaker cans"; less set-up and clean-up! Just use a good primer, and prep, before any painting!

Cheers,

Wayne

I am with Wayne on the shaker can use. With new technologies with paint and nozzles, if you take your time and prep it good, the end results are very impressive.

Thank you so much for the help. I'm very glad this forum is around, and happy to find nice people who are willing to share what they know! Looking forward to grabbing all the info I can.

Joe