Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Suggestion for useful data for Simple Tractors

tej

I think it would be very helpful to have an engine model number by tractor model chart. In the AC B series specs it gives the basic model numbers of the Briggs engines. The Briggs dealers (no dealer-bashing intended) insists on the model number and the 4 digit extension. My Simplicity dealer can look the full engine model number up by tractor model and if I had a brain I would have written it down when he did. Many of the old engines have unreadable engine numbers. Just a thought and Kent I'm not trying to make more work for you. If I had the manual I would scan it for you. Tim

If you have something prior to 1982 I can help you out providing you can find a cross-over from AC to Simplicity. I'm not much on the new stuff as the evolution on lawn mowing hasn't really changed since they came out with the rotary mower. The best thing invented for riding mowers comes from the boating industry and this is the swinging beverage holder so your favorite drink does not spill while mowing the grass.
See Ya

I'll see what I can do. Bob Tiarks (above) provided me som engine by model info, but I don't know if it includes the last 4 digits....

I'll check it out when I get back home (I'm out of town).... Thanks for the input!

Bob Tiarks has provided me the data you're looking for through 1981 models. (The info does include the additional numbers/characters you mentioned.) DLC has offered to provide the data through 1985.... Hope to start working on it this weekend...

Kent