Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Best belt brand

ss74nova

Best cheap belt brand

What is the best V-belt brand for wear & longevity to use thats cheaper than Simplicity? Cross drive belts & regular belts. Thanks

I use Husky Blue belts, I've never had a problem with slipping. It is deffinately cheaper than simplicity, and has a minimal stretch factor. Tractor supply sells them.

Gates are usually less than half the price from NAPA. Belts will usually break before they stretch. Had good luck with PIX and Jason as well.

Thanks guys. With multiple tractors it's too expensive for the Simplicity brand all the time. My LL101 has all Simplicity belts on it. I may try the Gates brand for my others.

Theres no doubt the oldest belts on my machines are the "Simplicity" brand belts, I dont know who makes them for Simp but they're worth the $...

Beyond that I have good luck with the "Kevlar" belts from TSC...

quote:Originally posted by GLPointon

I have good luck with the "Kevlar" belts from TSC...

id="quote">
id="quote">Ditto...not a single complaint, plus they carry every size known to man, and I can grab 10 of them, find the one that fits, and bring the other 9 back (slight exageration, but it's convenient).I do like Napa's service though, and prefer to support them because of it. I use two Napa's...one near work, and one near home...both have top-notch employees. They are common sense, mechanically-minded folks, not the Auto-zone "what model car do you have?" type.

Thanks for the info Josh.

I found that RockAuto.com was the cheapest for the gates belts. I ordered 5 belts so the shipping charge wasn't too bad. Found a good site for cross reference of belts. Just type in the Simplicity # & hit enter & a whole bunch of belt brands show up. I think they have blades too & other stuff.

http://www.smallengineequipmentparts.com/oem/2108209

Timothy,

I purchased a Tractor Supply Pix brand (made in India) Kelvar belt for the 48" deck (FDT) that was totally rebuilt and it ended up self-destructing after only about 20 hours of use. There were no signs of mechanical alignment/idler/chaff/spring tension or other issues to have caused this. I replaced it with a Stens True Blue Kevlar one and so far so good.

My 2 cents worth,

Tom (PK)

This is a great thread. I only have one tractor, and I can imagine that supplying a small fleet and using Simplicity belts would bite into the retirement fund. I only tried a non-Simplicity belt once for my transmission drive, and it was just slightly too large. So I currently have all Simplicity (and I agree they are excellent) - but this thread gives me great places to choose from if I choose to stray in the future sm01 I like supporting NAPA like someone else mentioned.