Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Electric lift

Need your idea!!!! I need to find a electric motor to raise my small 36 inch snow plow something cheap nothing expensive like linear actuator something I can find at a scrap yard like car power windows motor something to use with a steel wire to lift the plow ANY IDEA !!!!!! thank in advance Don.P (Montréal)

I toyed with the idea of cheap hydraulics. Came up with using convertible top hydraulic pump and cylinders. In NY came to about $75 2-3 months ago. Get the switch and wiring too. The pump is more powerful than you realize. I know it is stronger than you arm. Power window motors won't work. Chrysler products work the best and are cheap. Make sure they don't cut the hydraulic lines They are usually made of tough plastic and everything can be removed as a unit. I'll look around for plans for you or a link to plans. Woody Update: OK don't laugh but the example is on a Sears tractor from quite a while ago and his costs are out of line but you will get the idea.[A href='http://www.geocities.com/wjbaker1/hydlift.html']http://www.geocities.com/wjbaker1/hydlift.html[/a]

Granted I'm only 25, but looking in older Popular Mechanics and other mags my father used to have around, They had interesting articals. Now they have nothing of real interest(to me anyway... really). One mag I remember was the last in a series that explained how two build a tractor called the Power Pup. If I find it I'll check out the big library in NYC to see if I can find the previous issues. If I can find them I'll send scanned copies to Kent to post in the DIY section. Besides a power lift you could also go for power angle as well. That would make things a little more comfortable. John

That blade looks worse to deal with then the gilsons I got, 45 mins, 6 bandaids and 2 calls from the nearest preacher your ready to mount something else on. Good hydr plan, wrong app...MPH

Here's the point. The hydraulic system is strong enough to lift the snowblower. You could use it to move the lift mechanism instead of using your arm or you could lift the snowblower directly. It is the only cheap hydraulics out there and the tractor battery will handle the load from the electric pump. I think Don will like this cheap idea because it is not much different than an electric lift I have on my tractors now and costs a lot less. What can you buy for $75 (big time NY prices that is) Probably $25 anywhere else. If he replaced his lift rod with the cylinder and a short steel rod he could lift his snowblower. Hmm, how did those Egyptians put up those pyramids? MPH If you think the blade is bad to put on, try their snowblower. Woody

Hello MPH I still have my yellow GTS I restore it 4 years ago complete 18,000 dollars Canadian restoration and 1500 hours labor with polyglass tires everything original.

Thank Woody, very nice idea! I tried to find those part's maybe for a earlier model because those part's back in the 1970 here in Canada are antique part's $$$$$$$ that remember me why I bouth all my part's for my 1969 Dodge Dart GTS in U.S.A . thank you all Happy new years hope this one be full of Love,good health,joy,understanding. Don.P (Montréal)

Don, you still have your GTS??I'm green.. Woody, you talking about on a sears or a gilson?? I've put the tiller on the gilson, very stout machine but it has about 2in ground clearance, I high-centered it twice, Had to jack it up and put 2X12's under the rear tires, been a good one for home vidios..MPH

In grain country, there are sometimes old grain augers available that used 12 volt electric winches running off a standard battery. They work well for raising and lowering implements together with a cable and a few pulleys, and the augers go cheaply at auctions if the motors on them are burned out.

Don P... Sacre bleu! (I think that means 'yikes' in French). If your GTS has a 340 motor it takes me back to my teenage years. My next door neighbor had a "Swinger" Dodge that was nothing short of nasty (it was a 1968, I think). What equipment does it have? Tace By the way, Happy New Year all!

Hello Tace, Dodge Dart GTS 1969 Yellow inside light green,3 speed manual trans, 8 1/4 différentiel ratio 3.73, engine 340 original color (turquoise), cam 280 duration 480 lift,forge crank, original mopar piston for michigan,balance piston rod, line hone on crank, G head with 1.78 intake valves& 2.02 exhaust valves. original spec 240 lbs of torque 275 H.P at 4500 rpm now on dino 280lbs torque 342 H.P at 4500 rpm and polyglass tires. Happy new years!