Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
davidmoll

Near miss

davidmoll

I was reading about the slips and falls/injuries and wanted people to know how close to serious injury I came when I slipped in front of my tractor and be sure that this doesn't happen to anyone else. I was snow throwing the driveway and a large tree limb had fallen on the driveway, so I stopped the tractor to get rid of the tree limb but did not shut off the auger. Well I slipped on ice under the snow as I went to pick up the tree limb and fell within inches of the spinning auger. Will never get off the tractor again without shutting the auger down!:o

Got lucky!

trowel

Yes, i caught myself doing that a few times also, the old Sears Suburban was like that too and i almost slipped on the ice into the auger also.

I'll bet your feet were tingling from the thought of loosing a foot, thos augers spin waaaaayy faster then the two stage.

ka9bxg

I never go in front of the tractor with the blower running or even the engine . I shut the engine off just to make sure. I like my feet and hands never know what can happen that will make the auger run.

GrincheyOne
quote:Originally posted by sb64

I did that with my boots on, and my foot hit the auger, and broke two shear pins. It was on a 2 stage blower. Thank god for steel toes. :o

id="quote">
id="quote">I don't go anywhere near equipment w/o my steel toe boots.:o)

Sign in to follow this