Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Worth 50 Bucks?? Thinkin it WAS

MPH

Saw this on CL tonight, no phone #:(, Found in shed with a house just bought, has compression, didn't start.

00F0F_7oxU0U5vGrB_50x50c.jpg

00v0v_dCF7wRN4lD6_600x450.jpg

Coming home

3.22BlowerRt.jpg

3.22BlowerLft.jpg

The Kroil did a good job squirtting the hubs for 3 days while I was in Anch, both side pulled off easy. Took the flat tire off, cleaned up the rim, hit it rust kill and got that fixed. Cleaned the axles and the brushed out the hubs, squirt them with rust kill. While it dried I drained the oil, filled with heatting oil and cranked it over for several min, drained that out and put new oil in. Pulled the plug, didn't look to bad, cranked it to check spark, good, has compression, with gas it should run. Axles and blower turned when cranking it with the starter so I put the tires back on and got it off the truck. Put gas in but no fire, poured a little in the plug hole and it fired up for 10 sec. Pulled the carb off, cleaned it up, didn't look as bad as some I've had, but the long thin tube was pluged. Got it cleaned out with a small drill bit, wire wouldn't poke through. Put it back on, full choke and it runs. Have gas dripping out the main jet, thinking I lost a washer off it. Running a little rough and dripping gas I checked it out.

3.24BloweOut.jpg

3.24Blowin.jpg

3.24Blowing.jpg

Didn't throw the snow as far as my B-112 does but it wasn't running all that great either. Think I have several carbs like that out in a junk van from my generator days. The tires aren't a matched pair and though both are 4.8x4 one is smaller, it leans and pulls to the left a little. The blower doesn't stop with no load either. But, happy with my 50 dollar score.

00F0F_7oxU0U5vGrB_50x50c.jpg.e1af665dd10f1b00f4e8835c46a4a596.jpg

00v0v_dCF7wRN4lD6_600x450.jpg.beebb9baea7a987dc3b9a2caa22d87a2.jpg

3.22BlowerRt.jpg.71c2e65443f346962aeea2d14f9532f5.jpg

3.22BlowerLft.jpg.ed831c81c8a7daa38bbf53860ea3a51f.jpg

3.24BloweOut.jpg.98af4d330d7e8fa097c97d211fa748aa.jpg

3.24Blowin.jpg.4551b3b9dbfc931712ad0dd06337a4fe.jpg

3.24Blowing.jpg.24c102683935f43b97a2409865613add.jpg

A can of spray paint and a tune up.. 200+ all day long in my eyes. More so in Nov-Dec then in march April. That model has been a work horse for Simplicity for years. As long as the auger tranny is good...I say go for it!

Is it in your shed yet? Great price assuming nothing major broken. Bad gas, varnished carb. Does it make spark?

It's 320 miles away Greg. My son got his phone # last nite, talked to him this morning, he said it looks straight to him, it's mine come wed when I'm going down there anyway.

What kind of tranny is in these?

quote:Originally posted by MPH

It's 320 miles away... it's mine come wed...

id="quote">
id="quote">Marty, you're picking them off systematically lately. Great find.

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

A can of spray paint and a tune up.. 200+ all day long in my eyes. More so in Nov-Dec then in march April. That model has been a work horse for Simplicity for years. As long as the auger tranny is good...I say go for it!

id="quote">
id="quote">If my memory is correct the auger drive tranny is the same as that used in a Roticul tiller...I bought one once with a bad auger drive tranny, and replaced it with one from a tiller, then sold it off...

By auger drive tranny Kent do you mean the worm gear box in the middle of the Auger? Iy has a bit of play but not too bad.

Oh, it's in the back of my truck by the way. One tire has a rapid bead leak. Engine feels like it has fair compression and it does have a 110 volt starter system. Do these convert the power to 12 volts for the starter motor?

Also picked up the combine engine. Hope I don't need to buy a boat to use it. Snowed through the mountains over the weekend so I skipped the trailer behind a Toyota plan.

Starter is straight 120VAC. If you want a 12V DC motor, you have to buy it or buy a junker mower with 8-12 HP flathead engine for scrap value with starter.

I think Kent is talking about the worm drive for the auger.

Marty nice find & picture postcard scenery.dOd Almost reminds me of Dick Proenneke & Alone in the wilderness DVD.

Worked it pretty hard today blowing a pathway back to the panels I use to set my new bees on. Had about 6 inches rolling over the top. Pulled great, but it sure like to climb up on the snow, something needs changing with the skids, they are outside the blower too much.