Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Grease zerks on 2000 Sovereign axle

Bushman

I picked up a 2000 Sovereign and was pumping some grease into the zerks on the front axle. I looked at the limited slip and the axle tubes and did not see any zerks on them. I have a Deutz Allis 916 and by gosh there are there on it but, its just like they were not drilled into the 2000 Sovereign. I rolled it around a few times and unless I just missed them they were not there. Is this by design or flaw?

I had a 7116 that didn't have one and the hole was filled with grease and dirt, it was pretty hard to see until I cleaned it all up

Now that warmer weather is coming I plan to dig in little deeper in the crud to see if the zerks came out. I just thought it odd that all the rear ones were out on a straight & clean tractor. Thanks

I just poked around a bit tonight and found some holes where the zerk fittings should have been. On the brake-clutch pedal the zerk popped out whilst I was pumping grease in and I noticed the zerk did not have threads on it. Is this how the late models come-no threads?