Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
ss74nova

FDT BGB pulley size & Mid PTO idler availability

ss74nova

FDT BGB pulley size & Mid PTO idler availability for a LL 101

2 questions:

1: Anybody have a 105188 pulley for sale, or where I can find one or know the dimensions. It's the BGB pulley that goes to the mule drive on a 990392 32" tiller. I know the shaft diameter hole is 3/4" because the BGB shafts are 3/4".

2: Anybody know where to find a new Mid PTO idler pulley #2154310? Seems NLA everywhere. Tried to look on Phoenix-mfg.com but the search on the left side of the screen isn't working for me.

Also looking for a #154418 10" low speed drive pulley for sale.

Thanks

Tim

RayS

FDT BGB shaft is 3/4" on the right side of BGB. The side that runs the transmission. The left side - PTO side is 7/8". Atleast everyone that I ever owned or taken apart was. I never owned anything older than a B10 or Landlord 101. So maybe a B1, 700 or 725 have a 3/4" shaft size on the left hand - PTO side.

105188 is a 8" X 3/4" bore pulley that goes on the transmission to reduce the speed of the tractor. In the manual below.

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8cuG4rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq.pdf

The pulley on the BGB that runs the PTO for tiller is a 3" X 7/8" bore part number 105176, unless I miss understood your post.

You can get these drive pulley`s with a weldable hub for less than $20.00 at most ag stores. By far cheaper than OEM.

ss74nova

You're right Ray. I got confused with all the different pulleys. Don't know why I assumed the BGB shaft was 3/4" on both sides, but thanks for clearing that up because I would've bought the wrong one. The 8" low speed pulley I have on the LL101 now has a part #154272 thats why I was confused. Maybe I'll take a ride to Tractor Supply. They might even have a idler pulley too.

Thanks,

Tim

ss74nova

Found a new mid PTO idler pulley at Tractor Supply that was not exact but close. The old idler was 2.75" from flat to flat & this one is around 3". Part #1185243 Phoenix brand flat idler-steel 3.25" OD, 5/8" bore, flat width 3/4". I also got a bushing to go down to 3/8". Part #1185374 5/8" reduced to 3/8" bore.

Found a BGB pulley for the tiller too. Part #1185065 Phoenix brand 3" OD - 7/8" bore.

Still looking for a #154418 10" low speed drive pulley for sale.