Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

switch for electric lifts

Blazerjeepman3

Blazerjeepman3

I have a 3314V and a 3310 H with electric lifts. In case anyone needs a switch Hubbell Marine Electrical Products makes a 6 Post 12 volt DPDT On/Off/On spring loaded switch that comes back to neurtal or off. Part # M223MMSP. The switch is designed for winches and trim tabs use. Grainger sells it for 27.45 plus tax&SH . The Grainger part # is 3HZ95. I spoke with a tech and he said it should work fine for my application. I have about 3 hours constant use with a dozer blade and it works fine so far.Hooks up the same way as the factory switch.

Blazerjeepman3

Question for BLT. I noticed that the switch you mentioned is for 125 volt AC . In talking with a sales rep at Grainger he said they would work but not last too long. The reason I mention this is when I ordered mine one I talked to an electrical tech and he recommended the DC type. Has anyone had any problems with the AC type?

That's all I ever used, never had a switch failure because of under voltage. It's only intermittent and not continuous. And at 20% value it still good for about 24V 10Amp.

Blazerjeepman3

For what its worth there is a lot of discussion about a 120 volt switch in 12volt dc circuits. There are good reasons boat and aircraft manufactures use switches designed for 12 volt systems not ac switches . DC switches cost more due to the quality of the materials used to control heat cool down after system is shut down. This comes from part of an article I just read by a FAA inspector on what they look for in aircraft inspections When reading the whole article you don't mix the two together because of fire risk