Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
MPH

What Kind of Engines?

MPH

Never heard of these before, anyone with a clue who makes them? Only Duro Max I've heard of is in Chevy pick-ups.

Two 16 HP Gas Engin (Big Lake Area)

907 355 5198

One Each:

Duro Max 16 H.P. 1 Inch Shaft , Recoil Start Engin XP16HP

New Never Run. $300.00

One Each:

Duro Max 16 H.P. 1 Inch Shaft , Recoil/Electric Start Engin XP16HP

1/2 Hour Test Run. $350.00

fishnwiz

Duro max is a gas generator manufacturer that makes items for sears and Home depot. My feeling is that these are china manufactured engines.There are several negitive reviews on the net regarding these engines/ generators. My experiences with the China built engines is not good but that's just my experience.

Unless someone on this site says otherwise, you may want to stay away from these engines.

Best of luck.

GrincheyOne

Marty,

I have had my Duro-Max gensets for about 3 years now.! The most continuous period of use was for 5 1/2 days. The only time they were shut down was for re-fueling (once every 8+ hours). both have 4 gallon fuel tanks. The 4K is a 120VAC, only and is used as a utility power source around the property (electric chain saw, etc). The 5K has both 120 and 240VAC, and a 12VDC charger circuit. I needed the 240VAC for my well pump.Both of them are pull starts, and if sitting unused for a while, take several pulls to start. Once started they just purr along, reasonably quiet!

Neither is kept inside, both are under roof on the front porch, until needed. I will have to check tomorrow to see if the engines are branded.

Cheers,

Wayne

farmtoybuilder

Honda clones and we have used different sizes of them. Great engines! I've only had one bad one so far. And it wasn't all the motors fault! And you can get them at lower prices then what you listed! We just brought another 6 hp. the other day for $100.00. And think I'll go and get a few more! Have a friend using them on go-carts and they crank them 6000 rpm with mods! Most will run 1 season and he'll buy new ones again. Saved them a ton over the brigs cart engines! I Don't like buying China products, but we can't afford not too on these. Just do a lot of searching for best prices! Harbor Freight has some also and they have the 6hps. on sale until the end of March. You can get a 16hp electric start from Max tools for $299.00 and free shipping. It doesn't have charging coil though! http://www.maxtool.com/us/products/XP16HPE.asp

Another 16hp. with 3 amp charging coil is $374.00 from Carroll stream motors

http://www.carrollstream.net/

MPH

Thanks for the feedback guys. I spent the honey money cash I had with me on new struts for the PT so I never called on them anyway. Figured after 173,000 miles the little buggy deserved something new on it. Floated pretty bad on the road.

Sign in to follow this