Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller Fit?

bowhunt4life

Will a 32" flat top tiller that came off a 1960's simplicity with the two pulley rod engagement mule drive work on a simplicity 3614, the early 1970's simplicity?

Thanks

It would fit and operate. Hard to say what kind of speeds it would produce with that mule drive or two pulley PTO. The pulley and gears are going to effect that since they were not made to operate with each other.

You would be almost doubling the size of the drive pulley and increasing the speed of the tiller significantly.

I'd be worried about the chain drive in the gearcase on the tiller flying apart, especially if you hit something hard while tilling.

I had one with extensions on each side on a A.C. 710 6-speed and it worked great I later used it on a 916 and now my buddy uses it on a 7014! I agree with Ray in the tine speed is a little faster but my 10hp engine still handled it good and you could use the engine speed to slow it down if needed. I usually drop mine in the ground at part throttle then ran mine wide open and it would really break up the soil. It has been used in this configuration for at least 15 years and has never broke down.

Dan

322tills2.jpg

Chris, if the picture of the tiller that you sent me is the one you are talking about. That is a 32" tiller with tine extensions (not a 36" that you edited). Your PTO that you have is for that tiller.BLT and Rod used a 32" with a mule drive on a 900 series or newer tractor. Different then what you asked.

322tills2.jpg.3e4b66355e70c908c80e9c0dac9f5d9b.jpg

I have a couple spare flatop, 32" tiller shrouds, if you are interested. Orange and yellow. The yellow one is excellent.....not positive on the orange...would have to dig it out.