Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Deloreandude83

Push Mower?

Deloreandude83

Hey all, I have a 67 Broadmoor I've been bringing back to life here for the last month, another week or so and it should be ready for the season! Unfortunately I don't have a corresponding push mower for the hard to reach areas. Now I'm by no means an expert on these beautiful lawn machines, yet, but I would like to get a simplicity push mower in a relative age group. So my question(s) to you guys is this. Does one exist, and if so where can I get one? Restoration is not a problem, if you have one sitting in a field with weeds growing over it its fine, I'd just like to have one. I live in Texas so anybody with some info on one of these would be awesome.

Thanks,

Austin

damon91
quote:Originally posted by BLT

Welcome to the club. Unless you would want a mower attachment for a walk behind tractor, this would be the unit I am looking for. The production year was 1968, I think.http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8auJ4rE3CRa5kbp796Dq.pdf

id="quote">
id="quote">That looks like an old lawnboy, were they the same company back then?

Deloreandude83

Welcome to the club. Unless you would want a mower attachment for a walk behind tractor, this would be the unit I am looking for. The production year was 1968, I think.http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8auJ4rE3CRa5kbp796Dq.pdf

id="quote">
id="quote">Yeah that's what I'm looking for, now, the big question, where do I find one.

BLT
Originally posted by Deloreandude83
quote:
id="quote">I am sure you heard the phase, "finding a needle in the haystack", correct? Some are still around, but it could take a while. Good luck.;)

fishnwiz

As a serious picker, I have only come across 1 or 2 of these units the past 30 years. These had an aluminum deck and I feel alot were scraped for that reason. I would say Ebay would be your best bet.

Good luck on your hunt.

donmoore1904

id="quote">
id="quote">As another pointed out, this Simplicity walk behind deck/wheels is the LawnBoy design. It isn't clear if the Simplicity is 4 cycle or 2 cycle like the LB.I loved those LawnBoys. We had one in the 70's, and my neighbor gave me an old one in the late 90's a few years after I built a house in the woods. I used to use a weed whacker to cut paths, and he got tired of hearing it. That mower worked great for about 6 years, until I hit too many rocks and large roots. What finally cooked though was straight gas. This is when I got the 7010...I went from weed whacking paths only in about a half hour, to today mowing takes 3 hours for the grass/weed portions of my 2.3 acres. Same property! I miss only taking a half hour, and I also miss the LawnBoy. Kept it for a few years thinking I would resurrect it, gave up and moved on.

BLT

I still have my '63 LB and it runs like a top. The design for A-C and Simplicity is similar, but I don't think exact. First of all LB had magnesium decks and for the A-C's that I did work on were aluminum and were Briggs powered. Also I think the engine mounting holes were non standard to what Briggs and Tecumseh had. That changed when LB had 'box store ' models that used that Tecumsehs and steel decks.