Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tractor line-up

OkieGT

Holy Smokes Batman :o:O

That is one AWESOME selection of tractors that you have collected. I am a closet MF fan and have never seen a few that you own. Have you collected them in your neck of the woods or all over the country??

THANKS FOR SHARING!!

I have made less than 2,000 a year for the last decade. I made a decision to quit work (didn't have time to live life and be someone else's slave for a pittance)I also married a gal that had her own money, not rich just enough to pay the household bills, and didn't expect to spend my money (quitting my job insured that) and I bought only the essentials (tractors). I take 15-18 hours of college a semester and hope to counsel veterans and teach at our local college when I finish my Masters degree. While it seems I'm a over acheiver and extremely motivated now, that's not quite true, after being released from the US army in 1982, I spent the next 20 years being a wise guy, easy hours and great perks, if you don;t get caught, I saved myself for the fourth quarter of life.

quote:Originally posted by dhoadley

Do you get a tax break for calling our collecting/obsession a "museum"?:D Lookin'Good! Dave

id="quote">
id="quote">

I's not the size of the collection that counts, but rather that your participating and saving tractors. Thanks

quote:Originally posted by yukon

nice bunch of tractors okie you got my collection beat :D

id="quote">
id="quote">

Very few came from here in Oklahoma Indian Territory, lets see 3 from Kansas, 3 from Oklahoma, 3 from Iowa, 5 from Missouri, 1 from Illinois, 1 from Pennsylvania

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Holy Smokes Batman :o:OThat is one AWESOME selection of tractors that you have collected. I am a closet MF fan and have never seen a few that you own. Have you collected them in your neck of the woods or all over the country?? THANKS FOR SHARING!!

id="quote">
id="quote">

Our local CBS news station did a segment on my tractors yesterday, their video was really much better than mine, Ill try to post it

After I got out of the Army in 1979 I decided I would NEVER work for a paycheck. It's been tough but very worthwhile, I do what I want when I want, if I had gone to work I would a have continued to go to work, everyday, then when would there be time for me, weekends, nope not long enough. Nope, working will drive a man into the poor house because the first thing that happens is that a man borrows money to get married, buy a car, furniture, house,etc, Now you cant quit, and your so far in debt your wife will have to collect on your life insurance for you to be really free. Do I have a pension, nope, do I have a retirement, nope. I have a house, a wife, three vehicles, plenty of tractors, and 20 dollars in my wallet, and I owe nobody a dime. if I can work I can make a few bucks here and there, if I can't I'll be dead. BTW, this is not advice for ANYONE and YMMV, lol

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

wah I want to quit work and enjoy my 4th quarter of life!!I still have not figured that part out. :(!

id="quote">
id="quote">