Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Local news video on my tractors

OkieGT

It is nice (and rare) to see something "good" on the news for a change.

For once is was not about something bad, those could be "unsightly yard art" or "inefficient, air polluting, outdated scrap".

Nice collection !!

Thanks for all the nice comments, to me it really is about the machines. I find that attitude here and on some of the brand specific forums, but some of the larger friendly all tractor brand forums seem to have to many other things going on than the preservation and sharing of tractor information, but to each his own.

Now that is awesome!

Thats what its all about- made in America WITH PRIDE.

Built, and rebuilt, to last.

I miss that nowadays.

Great story. Thanks for sharing.

And I noticed your an A/C Homelite owner. A special welcome from a fellow Hommie owner.

Yeah, my T16 is a 1973 Allis built Homelite, it has the square rear lift that only came on that year of Allis built Homelites. I've seen Simplicity built Homelites, but very, very few Allis built Homelites, even fewer with a rear lift. Thanks everyone.quote]Originally posted by PhanDad

Great story. Thanks for sharing.And I noticed your an A/C Homelite owner. A special welcome from a fellow Hommie owner.

Congratulations on the tv spot.You have quite a fleet.Your garden tractors look like you devote a lot of time and effort keeping them in shape . good for you and the people who had a chance to see what American made was about.MADE TO LAST

jklw77

Thanks again to everyone, and for understanding what the real story is, the American Made tractors, not me. One day the things we do today will effect what happens tomorrow, or in the future, make it worthwhile. I'm proud to associate with people that take these old machines and their historical value seriously and are mature enough to realize these machines are to be revered and cared for, not abused or torn up.

Mike, nice HUGE collection!dOd Awesome news broadcast!^ Its great to educate the public. Maybe there will be less going to junkyards now. The Bolens brings back memories of me mowing my dads yard back in the 1980's. We had a 1976 Bolens Centenial model which had the American flag on the hood & I think on the fenders too. 12hp engine & 3 speed with HI/LO range & all shaft drive. He had a snowblower for it too. Too bad he sold it in the late 90s or early 2000s.

Thanks for sharing,

Tim

Are you sure that it wasn't a 1976 IH Cub Cadet 1200?Iit's the only tractor model I've seen with centennial colors

quote:Originally posted by ss74nova

Mike, nice HUGE collection!dOd Awesome news broadcast!^ Its great to educate the public. Maybe there will be less going to junkyards now. The Bolens brings back memories of me mowing my dads yard back in the 1980's. We had a 1976 Bolens Centenial model which had the American flag on the hood & I think on the fenders too. 12hp engine & 3 speed with HI/LO range & all shaft drive. He had a snowblower for it too. Too bad he sold it in the late 90s or early 2000s. Thanks for sharing,Tim

id="quote">
id="quote">

Originally posted by OkieGT

Are you sure that it wasn't a 1976 IH Cub Cadet 1200? It's the only tractor model I've seen with centennial colors, but the cub didn't have shaft drive, in 1976 I think only Bolens had a shaft drive 12hp

quote:
id="quote">

I'm sure it was a Bolens. Black & white plus the flag decals. I think the model was a G12 because it was a 12HP but not sure. Not sure on the year but it said 1776 to 1976 & had the flags so I assume it was a 1976. I wonder if my Dad has any old pictures of it. He bought it used in the early to mid 1980s. Built like a tank & had plenty of power. If I find any pics I'll let you know.

quote:Originally posted by ss74nova

This is what the decals looked like.http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/4660-bolens-bicentennial-decals/

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks for sharing, very cool, I knew cub made one and I knew Bolens made several AJ Foyt signature models, did not know they made a centennial model. I was looking through parts tree and saw where Simplicity made MANY football/baseball team logo tractors, did not know that either

I recognize that yard, shop, and voice. Before I bought a tractor and really got into this hobby I watched about everyone of the videos you would post on Youtube. I was looking for a Massey before I found my Simplicity 700. Wow! It is good to see those tractors again. Do you still post videos somewhere?

quote:Originally posted by Simpastor

I recognize that yard, shop, and voice. Before I bought a tractor and really got into this hobby I watched about everyone of the videos you would post on Youtube. I was looking for a Massey before I found my Simplicity 700. Wow! It is good to see those tractors again. Do you still post videos somewhere?

id="quote">
id="quote">Not really. about the time YouTube did a major overhaul was when I lost most of my eyesight, this went on for close 2 years before I was able to see well again, about that time I fell and blew out my knee and started having problems with a jaw infection and low blood/iron levels. I still don't understand youtube, facebook, texting, twitter, instagram, or vine and frankly I dont care. It's been four years since I had a job and since I have always been self employed, four years since I've had any income. I grow some food, do odd jobs, and spend 4 days a week in college hoping to find something a near 60 year guy can do, because after looking for work, most employers believe I am already dead and wont even let me volunteer, let alone hire me. Right now like every month I'm wondering where the money will come from for bills, I never know, but I have faith that the phone will ring and someone will need me to do something and i can pay a phone bill or a electric bill. I guess not knowing were the money is coming from every month would bother some people, but I've never known where the money will come from and I feel that it comes because I have faith and not insurance, unemployment, or disability. on the tough side I have had to pull several teeth because I didn't have the money for the dentist, it isn't that bad, except at the time. In our home my wife doesn't work and doesn't drive, she has a car, but unless it's a medical emergency she only leaves the house with me. She helps me alot and does alot, but we don't believe it's a good thing for women to work outside the home. Many employers take advantage of women and both male and female co workers influence women with thoughts they do not need to think.