Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
kansast16homelite

Homelite T-16 H neutral lever

kansast16homelite

Good day folks, The neutral disengage lever on my Homelite T-16H with Vickers hydrostat will not move or disengage. Tractor is drive-able. Question, can side cover on gearcase be removed without having to take entire tranny/gearcase out of frame?Anyone with similar problem? All takers and thoughts appreciated. Regards from Kansas. Bill

GregB

There have been a couple of recent threads on the Vickers style levers sticking.

Learn the search function,link to it is in the dropdown header and look for posts by RFsmith1952, and Phandad

Should not take long.

Here's one to get you started.

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=115986&SearchTerms=vickers

I searched by member (rfsmith1952 and vickers) got about 15 or so posts for you to view.

hamman01

On my Homelite I have to rock them at the same time I try to either put it in nuetral or drive. On my 72 it has a hex head to put a wrench or socket on. On the other ones they have a rod lever to do this with. The one I picked up in MO. was the worst to get into nuetral. We jst had to keep rocking it while trying to move the lever to nuetral. Haven't had any problems since then. Roger.

OkieGT

Thanks Roger, I'm having the same issue

quote:Originally posted by hamman01

On my Homelite I have to rock them at the same time I try to either put it in nuetral or drive. On my 72 it has a hex head to put a wrench or socket on. On the other ones they have a rod lever to do this with. The one I picked up in MO. was the worst to get into nuetral. We jst had to keep rocking it while trying to move the lever to nuetral. Haven't had any problems since then. Roger.

id="quote">
id="quote">