Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tiller pulley question

B112_son

So I finally got a tiller. And thanks to Bowhunt4life I now have the rear PTO for my B112. I know the BGB pulley is supposed to be a 3" pulley. The pulley I got with the tiller measures 3 1/2". Will this be a big deal as far as tine speed? And will it speed it up or slow it down.

Also, I'm going to need a belt. I know with a 3" pulley it is a 96" belt. If the 3 1/2" pulley is ok to run what length belt would you guys suggest?

If you have a 36" tiller (not a 32" with tine extensions) for your B112. You need a 96" belt with a 5" pulley on the BGB. If you have a 32" tiller with a two pulley PTO on the rear lift you need the belts listed in the link below. What tiller do you have?There is no tiller that uses a 3" pulley with a 96" belt on a large frame tractor. The 36" tiller was designed to use a 5" pulley on the BGB and a two pulley idler bracket on the lift arm. If you are using a 3-1/2" pulley try a belt that is about 1" longer than what is listed in the manual.http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8aqI1rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq.pdf

DSCF1778.JPG

This is used with a 36" tiller.

DSCF2594.JPG

This is used with a 32" tiller. It uses a 56" long belt. For a B110. A B112 is 4" longer because of the variable speed and uses a 105280 belt which would more than likely be a 64" belt. Hard to tell until you list the tiller width and if you are using a two pulley PTO engagement or a two pulley idler bracket.http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8aqO0rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq.pdfThe 3-1/2" pulley won`t make that big of a difference. The only reason I ask is it sounds like you have the wrong pulley system to operate if you say you need a 96" belt.

DSCF1778.JPG.dc6f379d79b2cab426664ff3ca80828f.JPG

DSCF2594.JPG.a351578b4189b917999c53d7fa587add.JPG

Thanks Ray. I got my information for belt length from another thread. Guess I should have checked the manual first. I've got the 32" flat top tiller with the rear PTO in your second picture.

Ray our HB112 and B 112 have 3" pulley running tiller and looks like one in bottom picture. I don't know belt measurement.

3" pulley is used with the PTO in bottom picture and 32" tiller.

5" pulley is used with 36" tiller and idler pulley setup in first picture.