Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
nateb17010

im still around and still playing

nateb17010

i just bought my first Agco Allis 1316h front mount mower, to join the fleet. mowed a little with it found some flaws. but over all im liking it a lot. then it snowed again. ground is still to cold but i have lots of leafs to try it out on. traction sucks so im looking in to some lug tires and wheel weights. but before i try that i need to find out why it seams to slip the belt looks tight and in ok condition. engine seamed to have plenty of power for the 48in deck. just don't know where my ground power went. its such a trip to drive. been a little while since i showed up here just wanted to say hello. the tractor fever never left me. its been so cold here in Iowa this winter, and now im looking forward. all I can see is the fathers day Allis show in Middle Amana Ia. is just around the corner. writing down a list of need to do's and making a swap meet pile of goodies to sell and what tractors will make the short trip there. life is best on the seat of an Allis or an Simplicity. hoping you all had a great winter and a better summer filled with plenty of seat time.

nateb17010

even tho i missed the snow today. last week i did brake the mower. lost the belt and been to cold to try to see what did brake and wow that belt is long. heading to a sale this weekend to try to get a 20hp simplicity with a 50in deck. if i get the simplicity i will probably just fix the front mount and sell it my land is hilly and it dont like it will preform as i need. but over all i do like the agco.