Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Keepin it in the family

jboehler

A friend of mine lost his grandma last year just started to go through her estate for an auction,he called me and asked me about the tractor said he didn't know what it was,after talking to him we found out it was a early model B-10.His Grandpa bought it new,he said he was going to keep it for his kids to ride through the parade on.

early b10.jpg

57e05948f2fa5_earlyb10.jpg.d1889d9eeea64d410e154d4714b6ab25.jpg

Thats great he is going to keep it.^ Looks to be in good shape too.dOd I wish I had my grandfathers tractor. It was a mid 60s yellow Minneapolis Moline with mower deck. It also had a wooden or some other material PTO on the left side of the engine. When the battery went dead he would wrap a rope around the PTO & give it a pull to start the engine. He also had a homeade table saw to cut smaller logs for firewood. He would run a flat wide belt off that PTO to the table saw to cut firewood.

quote:Originally posted by ss74nova

Thats great he is going to keep it.^ Looks to be in good shape too.dOd I wish I had my grandfathers tractor. It was a mid 60s yellow Minneapolis Moline with mower deck. It also had a wooden or some other material PTO on the left side of the engine. When the battery went dead he would wrap a rope around the PTO & give it a pull to start the engine. He also had a homeade table saw to cut smaller logs for firewood. He would run a flat wide belt off that PTO to the table saw to cut firewood.

id="quote">
id="quote">No idea as to the model number but i have heard of those tractors here and there, hear they were very good solid machines and (i think) used the Briggs cast iron engines.