Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JBLACK

Put a 10hp diesel in my 7110

JBLACK

i am going to try to put these pics up. i was done in a weekend had to have a simple coupler made for fly wheel about 2 1/2 inch spacer every thing else was easy i still have to gusset the one side of frame where i slotted it. used it to till a small garden on Fri. afternoon and it ran like the tiller wasn`t even[ there!!

IMG_4633.JPG

IMG_4634.JPG

IMG_4635.JPG

IMG_4636.JPG[br[:D]]

JBLACK

I only had to alter the frame on the one side to access the the oil fill plug i redrilled the 2 front mounting holes and used the original back holes the frame already had a hole on the bottom to access the oil drain its louder than the kohler and at low rpm it shakes a bit but as the the rpm goes up it smooths right out. Engine is a Launtop http://www.launtop.com/ bought from Newdyne on e bay 599.00 shipped included a plug n play starter switch harness i love it so farsm06 i may repower a couple fdt i have also..

JBLACK

there is definitly a difference they also make a twin cylinder 22 horse motor cant imagine what that would be like, probably hard on drive parts sm04, its not a v like most of the others, i might have to try a 6 horse on my 64 landlord should be a good match power wise..i will post some pics of the 7110 with the hood flipped when i can..JB.

Kent

Id like to hear more feedback on the 22HP diesels.

If/when the Kohler CH-25 in PowerTrac goes, that may be the replacement... It now has over 1,000 hours on it, and it smokes a little on startup. Using it on these steep hillsides (sometimes beyond the limits of its pressure-lube system, I'm sure) can't be doing it any favors...

powerking_one

From the picture (right side of the frame chopping) it looks like if the rect/regulator was relocated to a more open real estate area of the frame/chassis, then less frame hacking would have been needed? Maybe just a much smaller half-moon notch needed then in the frame to accomodate the oil fill boss?

Tom (PK)

JBLACK

True, i probably could have cut the plugs and lengthen the wires, in order to remote mount it, but it still is abit snug once i get it gusseted it should clean up nice also makes accessing the mounting bolts alot easier. then it will be new paint over the winter, i have lots of work for it this summer it mows the Christmas tree fields about 3 times over the summer (between rows both directions) thsnks for the comments i have wanted to do this for a few years and after researching and reading about them i finally pulled the trigger,so far so good,:D

PGL

I bought a new in box Launtop 6000 w generator at an equipment auction for a very good price. I use it in an isolated location when solar power isn't sufficient for a job and if more power is needed than a 2500 w honda generator produces. It is hand start with a hand set compression relief valve, runs well but quite noisy, about 7-1/2 hp. Seems to be fairly well made, but I haven't run it long enough to know how well it will last.

JBLACK

maxwood, it does have a acreen type filter for oil at the front (pto) side of block 3 screws and a plate to remove according to the manual it can be removed and cleaned with out draining oil, this could be a place you could plumb in a remote filter and line not 100% sure.