Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Craigs List Agco Allis

fishnwiz

Picked this tractor up in Nov last year off of CL. Tractor was advertised as blown engine tractor. When I looked at the tractor the owner told me that the engine was seized and flywheel stuck.I was also told that if I wanted the tractor, that a brand new deck came with it. After looking it over and confirming the stuck flywheel, I was told that I could have the whole setup with the extra deck for 45 dollars. Well Mom did not raise no fool....I loaded up the tractor and extra deck and was on my way. Well I just got around to having a chance to take a look at this little tractor due to warmer temps in my outdoor work shop (Driveway). I started by pulling the shroud assembly off the engine to clear out some grass clippings. It was then that I noticed the starter gear was jammed into the ring gear on the flywheel. Could it be that simple??? I pulled the starter and replaced the starter gear and re installed and turned the key...BANG the engine fires up with a blast of white smoke and idles down to a smooth run. Not a bad start to the new tractor flipping year. Hope they all go that well!!;)

IMG_4719.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG.9519a2d33d9897a7148ee1334012fcde.JPG

Cute little bugger. Add a cupholder, and that would be a dream machine for edging the lawn. ;)

quote:Originally posted by ss74nova

Lucky find Mark.dOd

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks Tim....not that this is rare or anything but you do not see many of the Allis tractors in this rear engine style tractor.

Nice find Mark dOd

I got a Simplicity Coronet 13H Hydrostst last yr with a blown head gasket for $50. It looks just like that. I cant believe how nice that little thing mows...

Good flippin luck!

If you were a little closer I would trade you the tractor for unlimited fishing opportunities! fishfishfish dOd

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Don't forget a cigar lighter!:D

id="quote">
id="quote">Make it two cup holders and you can add a "butt-bucket" from Wal-Mart (a great little ashtray)!Looks like you found the next best thing to a ZT! Happy striping!I'm guessing it's a 121HP I/C, Mark?**WaynePS - Having nothing but fun, trying to mount those Super-Lugs! (NOT).** watch out for a solenoid, that may becoming intermittent, the starters on those I/Cs are sensitive to that. Haven't had a problem since I replaced mine on the 4212G.

Thanks for the heads up on the solenoid issue Wayne!

I noticed the full roller deck so stripes galore!

Sorry to hear your having issues with the "New shoes" Wayne, you may be better off paying a farm supply or auto repair place for the fitting of those tires. Don't forget to send pics when you get them on your tractor.

M

So far so good with the hydro on this little tractor..

.this thing flies in 5th gear!!

So far so good with the hydro on this little tractor...this thing flies in 5th gear!!

id="quote">
id="quote">How do you know when it hits 5th gear??sm06ngr2

So far so good with the hydro on this little tractor...this thing flies in 5th gear!!

id="quote">
id="quote">Peerless transaxle?W

• Who's Online (See full list)

• NandoG
    • tripleguy
    • GregB
  • Recent Status Updates

• gwiseman

gwiseman

As you know SimpletrACtors.com has changed some recently. Working through this so PM me with questions, suggestions, and/or challenges you have. Appreciate your patience and feedback.
      · 0 replies
    • gwiseman

gwiseman

Site programming updates were made 3/23/2024. As a result some things have changed including dues payment options. We will continue maintenance and work with technicians to regain credit card payment option and clear up minor challenges. On positive it appears attaching pictures is now easier. Good day. Gene 
      · 1 reply
  • Adverts