Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

leak

yukon

ive had 2 sovereigns with sunstrand hydros sitting all winter in the garage and both of them had leaked hydro fluid is this normal or is something wrong i had other ones that never leaked am i missing something.

Every hydro I have ever had will leave a drip of given time. My legacys leak from the filter...my Sunstrands from some myster spot and my vickers from the pintle.

Any additive quick fix for the leakers?? I have one also that is leaking from the lower seam of the tranny?

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Any additive quick fix for the leakers?? I have one also that is leaking from the lower seam of the tranny?

id="quote">
id="quote">There are additives but all I have experienced is a temporary success followed by increased leaking.

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

Thanks Phil...good to see ya around.Long time no speak...hope all is well.

id="quote">
id="quote">Thanks. Actually pretty well for an old fart. I Got to go fly fishing today for the first time in 30 years. Surprisingly the fly line I bought 50 years ago still floats. I figured it would leak like a 50 year old transaxle and sink like a rock.

I've had pintle shaft leaks on Sundstrands (bad lip seal), leaking "freewheel" bypass valves, and leaking hydrolift tubing joints.

And an old piece of rug or cardboard is also used.