Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

712H bevel gear box

Gene
It depends on the tractor. You may have enough room to remove the yoke, pry out the old seal, and install a new one. But, Pat is right. You probably have other problems. Check it out real good. If something is wrong, fix it now or spend big bucks later.

Kent
Removing the whole rear end, bevel gear box and all, is not that big of a job. Disconnect the linkages, remove the driveshaft and yoke, and take out four bolts... supporting the tractor frame on something while you do that, of course. IMO, it's a lot more work to remove the "stuff" off the sides of the bevel gear box than it is to gain access to the front....

The front input shaft seal needs to be replace on my bevel gear box. Can this be done without complete removal of the gear box?