Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dlcentral

Best Way to Use a Loader,,

dlcentral

on an older trac like a B1,B10, etc. go in pile,pick up material put material in wheel barrel to move it around. With no steering assist,you better have strong arms! lol..I used one last yr to move heavy topsoil,now that's a workout!MovingFeathers,mulch or tools there fine.

GLPointon

With my loader I learned to only turn the steering wheel while the tractor is in motion. Otherwise it is very hard to turn the wheel with a scoop in the bucket XX(

OkieGT

Pretty easy to fix that problem in a variety of different ways, roller bearing thrust washers on the front spindles, taller and narrower front tires, or add power assist from loader pump or hydro. A loader on a Garden tractor has severe limitations with weight in the bucket, it also has those same limitations with a box blade, plow ect. Look at it this way, a GT set up with a loader is like a big tractor with a loader in the same way a RC plane is like a real plane. Physics RULE! and weight and mass change everything

skunkhome

Why would you put the load in a wheelbarrow? Was that tongue in cheek?

I only have a Johnny bucket but I operate it with 4" Tri-ribs on the front and Armstrong steering.

I am always finding things to move and most are a lot heavier than a load of feathers.

1CF906F4-2461-4F79-9E40-713D17A8BDCD-3315-00000A3ACC90DFD0_zps45f76f5b.jpg

leeave96
quote:Originally posted by skunkhome

Why would you put the load in a wheelbarrow? Was that tongue in cheek?I only have a Johnny bucket but I operate it with 4" Tri-ribs on the front and Armstrong steering. I am always finding things to move and most are a lot heavier than a load of feathers. 1CF906F4-2461-4F79-9E40-713D17A8BDCD-3315-00000A3ACC90DFD0_zps45f76f5b.jpg

id="quote">
id="quote">When you got where you were going with the Johnny Bucket, did you pull the dump lever...:D

bowhunt4life

I spent 6 hours yesterday spreading manure with my loader.

20140419_143153_resized_zps21434b8d.jpg

I felt like the king of the mountain. Loads were kept low until I dumped them in the manure spreader.

Willy
quote:Originally posted by bowhunt4life

I spent 6 hours yesterday spreading manure with my loader.20140419_143153_resized_zps21434b8d.jpgI felt like the king of the mountain. Loads were kept low until I dumped them in the manure spreader.

id="quote">
id="quote">Six hours of moving Manure Qualifies you to run for congress!!!:D

SmilinSam

Been moving manure here too, and got a couple more hours of it before its all done. Use the Deere 314 w/ loader to load up a country mfg manure spreader pulled by my Sunstar.

I grafted power steering into the Deere from a dead 332 diesel. Much much better than manual, even with the tri ribssm01

GLPointon

I agree with Willy, I would never part with mine either. I installed the spindle bearings (aka poor mans power steering) also and it helps a bit but still hard steering with a load in the bucket or forks.

The other thing...since I upgraded from 1 1/2" to 2" dia cylinders on my bucket I can scoop a full bucket with the "light material" bucket which ups my capacity from 300 to about 500lbs per scoop....I did need to get BIGGER fluid filled ags on the rear & heavier rated fronts...but I love it!!

I've toy'd with the idea of moving my Kwik-way loader over to the Sunstar (power steering, heavier tractor, etc...)??

Here is my Loader Project if interested...

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&topic_id=120977

or just the Upgrades;

http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=130076