Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What does $20.00 buy these days?

fishnwiz

Not sure what to do with it...it is in very good condition overall but does not run yet.Previous owner claimed it runs.. Engine is free and guy said Hydro works perfect. Only time will tell if that holds out to be true.Not sure how much money to put into this one to make it run. PO said charging system is not working.

I may relist on CL to find a Gilson collector. I would hate to scrap it.

I am so sorry to hear you got taken. Let me ease your pain. I will give you $10 so we each take a ten dollar hit! LOL!:D

Lol

I like that! Lately I have been doing alot more pickin then fishn.

Thanks for your extremely kind offer Michael! You are a very good neighbor.;)

Messed with the tractor for 10 min and have it running like a top! Hydro works excellent but needs a belt which will end up costing me more then the whole tractor sm00

quote:Originally posted by fishnwiz

You are correct sir!!

id="quote">
id="quote">Around here 5-1/2 gallons of regular gas!:(!Wayne

Originally posted by GrincheyOne
quote:
id="quote">Gas is up again! Onsite sources say it will continue to rise until mid-May.Price of crude vs end product (widening of what they call "crackl")refineries offline for maintenance. (Less than a dozen in the states)Side effect of the EPA approved 15% "corn juice".The tractor may have been $20, but it will cost that much again for the fuel to mow the lawn.sm02

We are just going into "Summer blend" that means prices going up again due to shortage....what a crock of crap.Any excuse to make a guy grab ankle!sm00