Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

bud119195

Transmission

bud119195

Got a spare transmission from a 3415v and was wondering if its the same trans as the one in my 7010 six speed They look the same from what I see if I take the shuttle pulleys and stuff off but not sure.

MikeES

They are the same transmission. Though the input shafts on the two transmissions are probably different (the six speed I believe has two keys, one for each pulley, and probably a length difference). But all other external and internal components are the same.

BLT

990758 is a 4 spd fwd and rev transmission getting its direction from theshuttle lever.

1690204 is a 3 spd fwd 1 rev spd with a hi lo range giving you six fwd and two rev.

I had a 7013S and a 1690204 six speed years ago.

GregB

4 speed Shuttle transmissions have no reverse gear inside. The shuttle brake and planetary gear system give you reverse, external to the guts of the trans.

If I remember from a thread some time ago, some of the shuttle cases were machined for putting 3 speed and reverse gears in place , others were not.

So if you want to make the shuttle trans into a 6 speed forward it would work maybe, but not have any reverse gears ?

Dwirfel
quote:Originally posted by bud119195

So in other words if someone needs a complete shuttle trans I should sell it?

id="quote">
id="quote">I'm looking for a planetary gear for my Allis Chalmers 914. I'd be interested if your fits.