Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Saying Goodbye to the twins!

fishnwiz

Well I had to say goodbye to a couple of my old friends today. I sold my twin 59 Bolens ride a matic tractors to a guy in western Wisconsin where they will live the good life working the fields! Kind of hard to part ways because these twins were so RETRO looking...they Will be missed! Cwah

IMG_0001_27.jpg

IMG_4764.JPG

IMG_0001_27.jpg.d4dcaedeeaeea409970447684bcf401f.jpg

IMG_4764.JPG.0f36999b422023e6be2e6fa71c1144f9.JPG

Well, my extra space was short lived. About an hour after my sale of the twins, a real BARGIN came up on Craigs list. I called 30 mins after the posting came up and left a message on an answering machine. No return call for about 10 mins. Then I called the number AGAIN and leave another message...cash in hand and trailer...will be over NOW. 5 mins later the phone rings and seller tells me he was left the tractor by has deceased father inlaw whom had bought it new and babied it its whole life and that he has someone who MIGHT be coming over in 1 hr to take a look at it. I decide to tell the seller I am 2 mins away and seller tells me to come on over if I want. I pull up and seller shows me the tractor...I start it and run it for short period, check BGB it is tight...check cone clutch and it is good, check Hydro lift and it works fine. I tell owner I am sorry that I missed out and he tells me "IF YOU HAVE CASH, Its Yours! I peel off the fresh cash, (NO questions asked) from my sale of the twins earlier in the day and seller says he did not know if other guy would show anyways. I speed home to pickup my trailer (Just in case guy does show) and hurry back to the seller. I return with my trailer in record time and pull into the driveway where the seller is standing with a frown on his face...I ask seller what is up and he tells me he had 10 calls in the 15mins I was gone and two guys told him he sold it too cheap! I told seller that these guys were mad that they missed the chance to buy the tractor..I did not know what to think but reminded him that I had already paid for it and the seller, being a man of his word shook my hand and told me to enjoy my new find. Mod please move this post to correct area (Show and Tell) if I am out of line!

IMG_4819.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG

IMG_4821.JPG

Driver seat is flawless!!:D

IMG_4819.JPG.9453811465852933dc1b9a9c9a0abc11.JPG

IMG_4818.JPG.a10d5075a182202925222915674ed49e.JPG

IMG_4821.JPG.0b0fd904ad4f35b0bad298dc6f1da226.JPG

It reminds me of the Diesel tractor I owned for a while. It kind of rattles to a start. This thing does run quite after initial start up. This is the 1st 18hp tractor I have owned.