Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simplicity 7790

Scott Salmons

Hi all, recently picked up a 7790. The fuel lines are cracked and need replaced. Called Sandy Lake and they have none. Anybody have any suggestions where to get parts?

Thanks

Looking forward to seeing some pics...that is one heck of a tractor. I owned one for a short period and liked it alot.

Congrats on the new ride!

You can reuse the fittings that are on the hoses and just replace the hose. Cut the crimp and use a hose clamp. No sense in giving up your first born and a quart of blood:D.

I have found that I can reuse to banjo fittings with new hose and crimp with copper "pex" rings.

Looked at the tractor a little tonight and noticed that I will need at least one maybe more cushioned motor mounts. Does Sandy lake have these?

I have seen custom made ones on Ebay in the past. Sorry I don't know of a source right now.

• 8 months later...

you can get the mounts right from simplicity,i have bought several in the last year,cause I have 3, 920,7790's,they come in a briggs and Stratton bag,wondering why no one thought to go there

I have found isolators of various sizes on eBay. Used them for seat isolators for a Sovereign. Might find something there that is less expensive?

We actualy keep the isolator in stock at our shop. There are atleast 3 of these tractors in the nearby area, along with my 920. Sandy Lake should also have them, they are my "go to" place for older parts that I cannot source thru Simplicity or localy. What I cannot find is the cooling ductwork that goes along the side of the cylinder jugs. I have the front and rear tin work, but it was missing the side one and the PO made a homemade one from drain gutter alum material. While that works its "redneck" looking. If anybody parts one of these engines out, please let me know. Mikie