Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

changing wiring

sispro

What do you have tractor wise? Product number would help. And is it a Simplicity spec "K" engine that you want to install?

Hello, One big issue is that the frame on a 7117 is lowered on the sides to accommodate the cylinder heads ! they stick out past the frame.

simplicity 7117 -2 006.JPG

Thanks Ken in Mi

57e0605c611e8_simplicity7117-2006.JPG.48b7e08a0190c4587ef7bfad432da576.JPG

Download this :http://www.thepowerportal.com/simplicitytechpubs/TP_500_973_01_SV_SMA_Sec3.pdf and go to page 3-25 figures 21 and 22 . That will show you the differences between the product number differences. You will need a new ignition switch because Kohler uses a 12V coil versus Briggs magneto.

I didn't look closely but if needed you can salvage your 5 way plug by re-pinning it as follows:

Also on page 27 there are two product numbers that have safety interlock circuits. I don't think you want these, so check on what product number you are wanting harnesses from.

quote:Originally posted by sispro

Can't I just use what I have and change a few things I looked at that and got lost lol

id="quote">
id="quote">You can salvage what you have but will need a Kohler ignition switch for the 12V coil.