Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PGL

Buying through an agent?

PGL

I have come across what looks like a good deal for an item in Alberta (I live in Ontario) which is on Kijiji. The seller is dealing through Henson & Danielsen Trading. They hold the item in a warehouse and ship when the deal is OK'd by the seller and payment received. The price includes shipping and within 10 days of receipt, you can have the item returned at seller's expense if it is not as described in the ad. It sounds too good to be true. Have any of you dealt with this agent and is OK?

fishnwiz

Does BBB have a file on this trading company. I would think that if there was indeed issues with this company, it is pretty darn hard to hide a bad reputation on the inter web these days. Do a Google search and see what comes up.

I guess the deciding factor for me would be how much money I would be lying out for the item.

Best of luck.

PGL

I am sure it's a scam. They want a bank transfer to a London bank or personal pickup at a remote city, even though website indicates many ways of paying. Say only I can go for pickup or inspection, a local agent for me cannot go to warehouse. They even planted some fake reviews of their operations indicating their "service" works well and is trustworthy. Their website is well designed and appears legitimate. It looks like they plan to dupe a lot of people into fake seals on boats, tractors, cars etc. If a deal looks too good to be true it probably is.

AC_B-1Novice

This exact type of offer is what we are warned about all the time. You WILL lose all your money if you don't turn around and depart from this scam! larry