Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

sickle bar manual

HTews

good evening and Happy New Year. today was one of those days. it looked like it was starting out bad. I had to have my oldest dog put to sleep. Then a friend of mine that runs a local simplicity dealership called and said he had a sickle bar for me. It had a broken bar but the rest was there. I went down to look at it. It was second generation unit. The best part was that he had a box with a brand new set of knives that went with it. Needless to say it went home with me. My question is does anybody have a manual for the second generation sickle bar that I could get a copy of. I have the manual for the first generation, but not the second. I also believe this one has cable lift. Thanks for any help in advance. Howard

Simplicity publications has and sells all of those manuals. 1(262)284-8519. All you need is the MFG # off the mower. In between the First (hand lift type )and the last (planetary gear type) there were a whole raft of different MFG #'s made. The # would be on a little black? tag on the top of the main mower frame hinge(cast iron).