Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
JBLACK

725 or 700 ?

JBLACK
Hello once again to all! I have just finished up my 64 landlord and it`s ready for mowing ! OK,heres another question you have mentioned a model 725 in the past and I have seen the 700 mentioned as a more recent model,however the instruction and parts list I have on the model 700 is identical to the AC B-1. I looked every where in it for a reference to the 725 but there is none.which one is older?will the pulley part#s i have in this book work in finding parts for my 64&66 landlords?

Kent
I'm out on the road in Salt Lake City and don't have access to all the library's info... so here's what I recall from memory. The 700 is the older, it was the first Simplicity 4-wheel garden tractor. They had earlier produced 2-wheel garden tractors and the rear-engine 4-wheel Wonder Boy lawn mower. (Note that there's some confusion since the 700 may also have been initially called a Wonder Boy also, but that was dropped pretty quickly it seems...).

The 700 was available at least as early as 1959 -- there may have been earlier ones. However, it doesn't show up in what I have been told is the 1958 product catalog (I can't find a date in it) -- only the 4 and 6HP (I think this is the correct HP, from memory) Wonder Boy riding mowers. In the literature, the 700 appears identical to a 725 though there may be minor differences in paint details or decals/logos -- as far as I can tell at a glance the only difference is the 700 was 7HP Briggs while the 725 had 7.25 HP. I don't know where the extra 1/4 HP came from, it could have been something like carbuerator....

I think the 700 was available for only about a year or so before it became a 725 . At least by 1961, it was called a 725 and this same basic tractor was sold as a AC B-1....

JBLACK
Thanks for all the imput,I truly appreciate the info I thought you might enjoy a few of the details of this catolog so I`ll list a few things and if you have any specific items you`re interested in I would be glad to help. ENGINE:B&S MOD.19 TYPE:706035 DUAL WHEEL KIT:A,adapter stud 154373,B,lockwasher 7/16 720006,C,nut,full hex 7/16-20,D adapter ass.154377,E wheel only ss-b23c. this catalog has a complete break down of ever part of the tractor along with part no.s AGAIN MANY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU AS TIME GOES BY I`LL GET MORE FAMILIAR WITH YOUR NAMES I MUST SAY THIS IS A GREAT OUT FIT KENT YOU HAVE DONE AN AWSOME JOB!!