Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
huffy

3 point hitch build help needed

huffy

I'm getting ready to build a couple of 3 point hitches, one for my Legacy and one for my Sunstar. I was wondering if someone that has one could give me a measurement/gauge of the angle between the lift rod attachment point and the upper lift arms (see pic below). I'm guessing somewhere between 30 and 40 degrees?

Hitch angle question.jpg

57e05961daf5b_Hitchanglequestion.jpg.35f22a652b11471cf78d32260c4355a1.jpg

huffy

One more thing . . . can someone tell me the length of the Legacy lift rod, end to end?

I have one for my Sunstar. From the manuals, the one for the Legacy looks identical. But, they have different part #'s. I'm trying to figure out if they're truly the same, or if maybe the Legacy rod is longer/shorter.

stevenj

I think I have that information at home for both the Sunstar and a late model Legacy and I can provide it tomorrow. The lift rods are different between the Legacy and the Sunstar. There is a difference in length and IIRC a difference in which side of the lift end is flush with the 1/2" dia rod when they are welded together.

jbrukardt

If you're building one for the sunstar already, interesting in building a second for a fee? Ifso, toss what the price might be out here for your materials and labor and i would be interested.

huffy

Jay:

Once I get them built I'll post pics and the info you requested to see if anybody wants one. They're really not very hard to build, my problem's just been finding the time to do it.

stevenj

Sunstar & Legacy Lift Rod Dimensions. I'd recommend increasing the length of the Sunstar Rod to 41" long and threading the additional length. You can always cut off any excess length. The one I had was just long enough to get one nut on the threads.

LiftRod.jpg

Legacy Lift Arm small.jpg

LiftRod.jpg.77555914c8111f206ddc48dcee6b09fb.jpg

57e0606743625_LegacyLiftArmsmall.jpg.fe9d0bcee5b017f29ed998a87e9bc994.jpg

mtoney

I would be interested in having a 3pt built for me. Just got a really nice late model Sunstar and need a 3pt hitch for her. Good luck on your build, wish I could do that. Mike