Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7117 rear lift

Tarheel

I have a 36 inch tiller behind my 7117. It is dedicated as the tractor is used for nothing else.

Under the tractor, where the lift cable connects to the lift then routes through a guide pulley, It has twice jumped the pulley and gets caught between the pulley and the bracket.

When this happens it is a bear to get free. Only guessing here but lowering the tiller on hard ground so that the lift drops more than the tiller causes slack in the cable and then gets off track.

Anyone have any idea on how to stop this from happening ?

One more question. Where the cable connects to the lift under the tractor, there are 2 places to connect the cable. Top or bottom. My cable is connected to the bottom. Is this correct ?

Put a spring to hold the rear lift down, that way it moves with the cable. Also grease the rear lift pivot. Worked for me! It could be your cable is just stretched...

A pic of the bracket:

IMG_5544a.jpg

I've never had the cable come off the pulley with the bracket installed as pictured.

IMG_5544a.jpg.1c17ee6fa7655a68301a825ed1145b8d.jpg

I have the same problem there was gaps between the bracket and the pulley wheel and I did put some large washers either side of the pulley similar to phandad picture now no where for the cable to jump to . Just finished rototilling my garden and my sons garden gotten some virgin ground so the Rototiller was jumping a lot still the cable stayed put. Good luck