Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC 720 Simplicity 9020 Conversion Kits now availab

tsjabs

I have had several requests that I post an announcement of my conversion kits here on the discussion board. I am offering machine services for converting the 720/9020 and variants to the 24HP Honda overhead valve engine. The kit includes engine,machine work, and hardware to bolt the engine into your tractor for 2250.00 +shipping to your location. Options include new muffler, revamped throttle and choke cables, engine kill relay, and replacement of the front pto bearing. This as well as any other convertion I know of requires minor hood alterations, mainly the air damn on the bottom side of hood. Depending on your hood the bent under lip around the underside of hood might need to be trimmed as well. Included in kit are instructions for wiring engine and kill relay into tractor wiring and adapting throttle cable. If you are interested please email me at tsjabs@aol.com, or you can phone me at 217-864-2231. Or if you are in the mid Illinois area we might work out a meeting so you can see a converted tractor first hand. http://www.members.aol.com/tsjabs/mvc-097s.jpg

Looks like a nice conversion, not really a bad price either. I'll keep it in mind for future reference. It should also work on AC616/620 & Simplicity 4040/4041. Too bad you couldn't replace the old electric clutch with something more commercially available. Paul