Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
EdFromMason

More 7016 questions

EdFromMason

Ok I decided to take the mower apart to clean it up and check it out. The center drive pulley seems to be bent. As when you free hand turn it. It has a slight wobble to it. Would this effect the operation of the mower. Also need new blades for it. I was thinking that it would be nice to have a mulching type blade any suggestions. Also need a new drive belt from the tractor to the deck. Any good bad ugly when it comes to belts ? Also are the rollers on it supposed to go completely across the back. I have 5 rollers. I am also wanting to change out all the fluids any suggestions as to the type or kind.

Just wanting to get some other opinions on these things.

Thank you.

RayS

Oregon stopped making Gator mulching blades for the 42" and 48" decks a couple years ago. If you find them they will be NOS. They show up on eBay now and the.

The rollers are full width.

EdFromMason

Ok thank you. How about that center drive pulley on the deck with the wobble think that will cause any issues ? What would be the correct size for the belt going from the tractor to the mower ? What would be the correct size blades for the 48" deck on this mower ? Looks like the ones on it are all different and rounded on the ends. I don't think they would have been able to cut a rotten apple.

Thank you for the help.