Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
lampoulos

Adjusting Limited Slip

lampoulos

Ok fellas. I'm sure this is a silly question. But I just got my 2210 going last weekend which is my first fdt and realized that the rear axle is locked solid. This is a cool notion but I'd like the differential to be working/functional. How do I go about adjusting it?

rokon2813

One hub (right side?) has 2 extra lug bolts or 2 allen screws going into the hub at an angle in the center of the wheel. Probably set too tight, proper torque is 25 foot pounds I think.

GrincheyOne

Spot on Dan. That is the factory torque setting. Here is the section on the Differential...

Differential.jpg

This was taken from the "Combined Ops & IPL manual" available at...http://www.simplicitymfg.com/us/en/support/manualswhich covers at least 14 models of Landlords! get it while it is still available!Good Luck,wayne

Differential.jpg.7fb436a78a0e1082d730aec3a788bee0.jpg